Chapter 16: Los Angeles

Jimin's POV

  If someone else were in my position, would they tell you? Would they tell you that they love you even though they risk losing someone like you?

  My heart felt like it just received several injections full of poison.

  That fear that I saw within his eyes hurt me because he knew that what he said would hurt me. He probably figured it out while I was saying all those nice things to him, and indirectly turned me down. I knew it. He doesn't like me.

  "Jimin? Are you okay?"

  "Yeah, I'm fine."

  "Come on. I think I see an ice cream parlor up ahead."

  "Ok."

  Taehyung pulled me along the sidewalk as if I were a mindless doll. Everything is different now, and it's my fault. It's not his, so why does he think that way? Does he think it's his fault for letting me fall for him?

  "What would you like, Jimin?"

  "I'll just have a small cup of chocolate ice cream."

  "Two cones chocolate, please."

After getting our cones, we sat near the window to the far corner. Neither of us talked for a while, and only Taehyung ate his ice cream.

"I don't think I said that sentenced right." He said with a light tone, obviously trying to bring in some humor.

"It's fine."

"Are you still thinking about the nightmare?"

The nightmare... It's just a lie. Just like my smiles from before and just like my smile right now. "Don't worry about it. The thought will pass."

"You should take your own advice. Don't hold in your emotions."

"I know, but I'll tell you when I'm ready. Is that fine?"

"Of course, Minnie."

We continued to have small talk and ate our ice cream in peace and quiet. I know I shouldn't be acting like this. I know I shouldn't after what I told myself yesterday. Taehyung was right; we were making too many promises right from the start.

Now, most of them have burned into ashes. I haven't been keeping my promises. I'm supposed to be his best friend and just his best friend.

When you deeply like someone, you know when you know when to let go, right? But how can I when the concept of liking someone isn't perfect as itself? I can be selfish, right?

Maybe if I cling to it just a bit longer. Then maybe, the thread will look like a string and then a rope. Maybe my hope can stop looking like a mouse and more like an eagle.

Just let me hold this pain just a bit longer. Because in the end, he won't know and he'll be happy.

"Do you wanna go somewhere today?"

"If you-"

"Do you want to go somewhere?"

I thought for a while unsure if I should say 'no'. Although I wanted to explore Los Angeles, I didn't want to do it in this state, and I don't want to bring his mood down either. So I shook my head, hoping Taehyung wasn't too disappointed with me.

  "Okay, it's fine with me."

  So we headed back to the hotel, where we lay in bed watching movies the whole day. When it came for us to sleep, we huddled in each other's arms, but it didn't feel the same.

  It felt normal not warm. It felt like sleeping in a bed made of glass instead of a bed made of cotton. It didn't feel the same. Nothing is like how it used to be. Though part of me wishes to let go, I can't.

Just let me hold this pain for a little while longer.

ㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗ

  A/N: Hey guys! I'm sorry for not updating more frequently like before but I will soon hopefully. If not, I'm really sorry in advance.
  Thank you for reading!❤️

Date: 01/03/20
Word count: 642 words