Chapter 1: September 1

Taehyung's POV

  A week has passed since we first started having longer conversations. Most of them were about stupid debates and society's flaws, but each time we talked, we grew closer.

  Today, however, felt different. Like if something in our friendship could change. Maybe it would be the bond we have or the wall we have between each other, but it didn't matter right then and there because we were meeting up somewhere outside of the university.

  He had texted me an hour after classes had ended, saying we should meet up at the park and study together.

  Upon my arrival, I immidiatly spotted him sitting at one of the picnic tables by the swings. Silently, I walked up to him with my backpack strapped around my sholders and a silver laptop in my arms.

  "So why the park out of all the places in this fine city?" I asked while I set up my things on the old wooden table.

  "Because at the cafe places people are too loud with their dumb conversations and the library's keyboards are too loud when people type on them."

  "But why do we have to study!" I complained.

  "Just calm down. It's not that hard." He thumbed various flash cards and set down half the stack while looking at the first stack in his hands.

  "Is this how you really learn?"

  "Yeah, now shut up and study, too. Don't forget we have that test coming up."

  "It's literally two weeks away." I stated. "You shouldn't study so hard all the time. Do you even take a break?"

  "Yes, I do actually."

  "When?"

  "When I work."

  "Then what about having fun?"

  "I have fun when I study."

  "You're so boring!" I exclaimed in frustration. "Life is more than just studying and working."

  "May I remind you that I'm not rich, so I can't live an easy life?"

  "Being rich doesn't have anything to do with having an easy life. There are kids in your postion who are taking it easier."

  "Yeah, but my parents want me to succeed in life and not stay somewhere I've been comfortable all my life."

  "But is that really what you want?"

  That was it. That was what started our first real conversation since we first met- or what felt like a real sentimental conversation.

  "To be honest, I don't want to be a doctor or a surgeon or anything in the medical field."

  "Then what do you want to be?"

  "I want to major in dance."

  I muffled a laugh between my lips and hand.

  "What?" He asked with an annoyed face and tone.

  "It's just... I don't see you as a dancer." I couldn't hold back any of the laughter after that. "You're always looking so serious."

  "Shut up!" He said with a dust of pink accross his cheeks. "I don't see you as a surgeon anyway!"

  "Hey! That hurt you know!" I pouted a little, but turned back to my usual self. "But you're right. I don't see myself as a surgeon either. In fact, I don't want to be one."

  "Then what do you want to be?"

  "I want to be an artist."

  This time around, it was his turn to laugh. "An artist?! Seriously?! They don't even make that much money! You sure you're going to be happy, rich kid?"