Chapter 24: Seoul Pt. 4

Taehyung's POV

I couldn't believe what came out of my brother's mouth. Jimin is being framed.

  "I'm sorry, Taehyung." Namjoon said. "Mom has everything planned out, but she won't tell me what other future actions she'll take."

  "Damn it." I muttered under my breath. "This is my fault. If only I hadn't gotten him in this mess."

  "Tae, both of us knew that our happiness isn't forever. Right now, mother is trying to get Jin and me to go against Jimin on the day of his trial. There's a lot of pressure on us, but we're doing the best to avoid it."

  "His trial... Do you think he might be claimed innocent?"

  "I don't know. It depends on what mother does, and you know it's a small chance."

  I sighed, feeling the weight of the situation resting on my shoulders. Is Jimin even doing well? What if he's scared out of his mind? Do his parents know? Oh god, they're going to hate me or him for getting into this mess.

  "Taehyung." The room suddenly dropped in temperature as my mom took her stance in front of my bedroom door. "I need to have a word with you alone."

  "I'll talk to you later." Namjoon said, leaving in a hurry.

  After he left, mother stared at me with her piercing, beady eyes. "Tell me child. Was he telling you about what I'm going to do with that boy?"

  "He has a name."

  "Namjoon has always been kind to you, Taehyung. It wouldn't be a surprise if he helped you escape."

  I flinched, but mother smirked as she figured that my brother did indeed know and helped. I looked down ashamed because I knew her well enough to know that she would yell at him for this.

  "I have a proposal. One that insures the boy's safety."

  Immediately, I stared into her eyes with a trickle of hope. "What is it?"

  "I wont kill him, but you have to testify against him."

  "What?!" A raging feeling swelled inside of me. She was slowly burning away the ir promise.

  "So you do love that idiotic boy form the slums." She chuckled evilly. "If you love the boy, then you must learn to let go. After all, that's what I did when your father was hanging by the edge."

  My eyes widened in realization. Not only did she know the right buttons to press in order to gain information, but she also indirectly confessed to murdering his dad.

  "Of course, there isn't much you can do. Going against me will only harm the other more."

  I kept my mouth glued shut. I could feel my throat become dry and fear and anger paralyzed me. Everything was not how I'd dreamed it would be. After all, this is cruel reality and not my precious dream.

"I'll give you some time to think about it, but the clock will be ticking."

With that being said, she left the area, leaving me in dilapidated state in the process. Tears slipped down in a much more easier motion than before. I've been hurt to many times by her to know that keeping all that pent up rage and terror wasn't going to make my mental state any better.

I began with ripping the pillows and the sheets off my bed. Then, I took some of the objects on my night stand and threw them to the ground. After that, I took the glass jars and slammed them against the floor.

Beads, jewelry, and coins flew everywhere. Glass glittered in the floor like stars in the night sky. It looked just like that night sky at the beach, the day that they confessed, where the stars lit the darkness after the sun rested because the moon was too insecure.

I let out a screams and yells chanting things along the lines of 'This is my fault' as I went to sit next to the wall, but because of my misery, I failed to notice the material laying next to my feet. I tripped over it, and my hands landed on some of the shards made of pain.

Though the red blood trickled down my arm, I couldn't compare it to the feeling inside. Everything felt numb on the exterior because of the pain inside. But I was to blame for all this. I knew the risks, and I took them, bringing Jimin down with me.

This was all my fault.

ㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗ

  A/N: Hey guys! I have to be honest. I haven't been writing much lately. I have to finish a project by Tuesday and homework all for the same class. I was sick yesterday as well and I'm still not feeling that well.
I do want to finish the book but it'll take some time. Perhaps by the end of this school year or at thee beginning of summer.
Thank you for reading!❤️

Date: 02/15/20
Word count: 824 words