Special Chapter

Namjoon's POV

It's almost been two years since the last time they saw each other. Jin and I keep going back to visit Jimin in hopes that he'll talk with my brother or send him a small message. He keeps telling us to stop, but we don't listen.

I've never seen Taehyung more devastated after he let go of Jimin. He may not have anymore hope, but Jin and I are still wanting to fix their story. Jimin made Taehyung very happy, and I all I want is to see a smile on his face again.

I can't keep watching him fall deeper into despair because he feels like he has no other choice than to follow my mom. I don't care how far I have to go in order to see him content and away from her. I'll help them escape and pay for anything just for them to be okay.

"Can you please just send him a message?" I asked with desperateness dripping from my voice as I sat in front of Jimin for the nth time.

"I told you to stop coming." He answered back.

"He needs to know that-"

"No!" He said sternly. "He doesn't need to hear my voice. I know that he'll remember what his mother made him do, and it'll possibly make him go mad. I know Taehyung will let guilt weigh him down, and that guilt would be created because of me."

I haven't told Jimin the whole truth, but my brother was a mess and in the worst possible way.

"That's not just it. He needs something to hang on to-"

"He shouldn't rely on me to be happy. He wanted to let me go, so if you want a message to give him tell him to be happy without me, to stop feeling the guilt he carries around, and to stop thinking about me like I am trying to do."

"You can't just leave him like that!"

"He left me first!"

"Taehyung did it out of fear!"

Jimin stayed silent. I knew very well that he couldn't counter that argument. My mother has always had a big control over the situation even without actually having to be there physically.

"Just please do it out of kindness."

"I'm sorry, but the part of me that wants to love him won't let him suffer because of me."

Before I could say anything more, our time was up. I went home with a feeling of defeat, dragging my feet as I walked inside. Jin wasn't there because he was at work. I had asked the day off to think of my next strategy and to talk to Jimin.

On days like these, I would always visit Taehyung, so I drove to mother's house where Taehyung lived bound by metaphorical chains. I walk into the house greeted by the maids, caretaker, and bodyguards.

When I arrive in front of my brother's door, I knock three times lightly and slowly. I'd usually expect a small come in from the other side, but today it was eerily quiet. I knock again, but there is still no answer.

With a feeling of panic starting to creep in, I burst through the dark room's door to see a small ray of light coming from the bathroom. I ran inside only to see Taehyung standing in front of the sink holding a bunch of white pills in his hands in different sizes and shapes.

Various bottles of medicine were littered across the floor. The containers' guts were spilled all over the restroom. My brother still hadn't noticed me. He just looked at the pills quietly and intensely with shaky hands.

A spark of anger and pain lit inside me, stomped right over to his side, and slapped the pills out of his hands. "What are you doing?!"

"Namjoon hyung!" He said shocked. "I-!"

"No! Don't say anything!" Roughly, I pulled Taehyung into a tight hug. "Don't do this again, please. You and Jin are all I have."

"I can't take it anymore." A pained and hoarse voice came out of his mouth. "She keeps talking away everything I love. I don't want to live long enough to see her rip you away."

  "And what about me? Did you think about how I'd feel? What about Jin? You know he's always cared for you like a little brother. Jungkook's also grown fond of you."

  "Jungkook has plenty of friends other than me."

  "Yes, but you know how he feels about them. They just do it for business. You're one of the very few genuine friends he has."

  "It doesn't matter because mom will always find a way to ruin things."

  "Taehyung, please stop using mom as an excuse and let me help you be happy again." I pleaded. "I can help you talk to Ji-"

  "Don't say his name!"

  "Tae-"

  "No! No! No! You know that he'll never forgive me! You know that I will never forgive myself for being so selfish!"

  "What if he told you that he still wanted you?! Would you still feel this way?!"

  "Of course! How could I just go on to be with him if I hurt him so damn much?!"

  "I can help you escape! I can get you help, Tae! I want you to be happy!"

  "But mother-!"

  "Is mother your only excuse?! Are you really afraid of her or are you afraid to be happy?!"

  Taehyung stayed quiet. I stayed quiet as well. As the anger slowly faded away, I realized that what I did was wrong. While my brother was in agony, I yelled at him instead of trying to comfort him.

  "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to get mad like that. It's just I can't stand the thought of not having  you next to me."

  There was an awkward silence engulfing us.

  "I don't know what to do." Taehyung croaked out in a damaged voice. "I feel so damn broken, and I don't know what to do about it. I don't know how to heal myself. I don't even feel like I know who I'm supposed to be."

  "Taehyung, you have me to rely on. I can help you if you just allow me to."

  "But what if I can't be fixed? Will I waste your time? Would I take away your time from your own happiness?"

"Please don't think that way anymore, Tae. I'll always be here for you to lean on me when worst comes to shove. Please don't try and solve this problem this way. Let me help you, Tae."

"Ok."

We sat on the floor, hugging each other. None of us spoke for the quiet atmosphere was finally bittersweet. I knew that I had to get Taehyung out of here no matter what.

And I hope my plan will work.

ㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗ

A/N: Hey guys! If you guys have nothing to do (due the fact that some of us can't leave our homes), learn some K-POP dances or go outside and just sit out there if the weather is fresh.
  Trust me you may not want to do it because that was me at first, but now it's not that bad. But don't forget about any school assignments!
  Thank you for reading!❤️

Date: 03/24/20
Word count: 1216 words