Chapter 34: Seoul Pt. 14

Taehyung's POV

"Taehyung?"

My eyes widened when I heard the voice that I longed to hear for such a long time. I whipped around and saw an angle dressed in a black blazer, a white button up under it, and some black dress pants and shoes.

"Jimin?" Tears pricked at my eyes and a burning feeling overwhelmed me. Without thinking, I ran to him and embraced him in a warm hug.

"Taehyung." He repeated as if he was afraid he wouldn't be able to say my name anymore. "Taehyung."

I didn't want to let go, but I had to pull away to ask him why he had to show up right before I was about to walk down the aisle.

"Why?" I asked with a shaking voice. The weird thing that I didn't expect was the lack of anger I felt. Did that mean I was relieved? "Why now? Why before I had already set my mind to go through with this?"

"I'm sorry." He said, paused a bit, looked down, and then to me with passion flashing through his eyes.  "No, actually I'm not."

He grabbed my cheeks and spoke with raw emotion. "We both think we're selfish and stubborn, but in all honesty, let's face it; the only thing we've done for ourselves was fall in love. Even if we've become greedy for each other's kisses, touch, embrace, warmth, and all that other crap, we can't let go of each other no matter how hard we try.

Forget everyone else. Forget their needs and think of our own. Let's be selfish and stubborn together far away from anyone who tells us to be someone who we aren't meant to be. And if you don't know who we are, then let's go find ourselves together. Jimin, what I said that day, I meant it. I love you, and I can't stand the thought of us being apart."

I stared into his watery eyes. "I..."

I felt conflicted. On one had, I was scared, but on the other, I wanted to run away. What about Jungkook? Would he be okay? Will Namjoon and Jin be okay with this? Would mom come after us? Am I still scared to be happy?

"Taehyung?"

"I don't... I don't know." After saying them out loud, I felt the tree of shame shade my face.

Jimin's face fell, and it hurt so much to see him like that. Confusion filled his eyes, but before he protested, I spoke up again.

  "Give me some time to think. I don't necessarily have to pay attention to the priest since I don't want to get married with Jungkook." I laughed bitterly. "Just please wait for me."

  "I will." He said, pulling me in to a tight hug and buried his head at the crook of my neck. "Just please don't make me wait forever."

  "I..."

  Promise? No.

  "...Will."

  With soft tears still traceable in our eyes, we slowly and forcefully walked away opposite directions. The gravity that pulled us together was so hard to resist as I walked through the doors, and the music started playing.

  My palms started sweating, my knees felt weak, and my breath was shaky. My nervous gaze swept across the room and realized how many people were there. I suddenly felt nauseous when I realized Namjoon, or Jin, wasn't there.

  When I reached the alter, Jungkook took my hand delicately and gave me shocked expression and then apologetic smile. The church had begun, but I kept thinking and thinking. Suddenly, a cough was made and drew me away from my own world.

  "Mr. Kim." The priest said. "Your vows."

  "Um... right... uh..." I stood there flustered, unsure of what to say. "I-"

  "Taehyung." Jungkook said while pulling me into a hug. "It's ok. Go to him. Don't be afraid to find happiness for yourself. After all, how can you make others happy if you aren't even happy with yourself?"

  "I'm sorry."

  "It's okay." He brought his hands to my shoulders and squeezed them tightly in an assuring way.

  "Thank you."

  "Don't mention it, just be safe."

  "Goodbye, Jungkook."

  "Goodbye, Jimin."

  I turned away from the altar and began to run out of the room, but then I heard her voice right before I could open the door.

  "Taehyung!"

  I turned around and faced my mother. Jimin's words rang through my mind from the day of the court: Don't you have to be a good kid for your mother?

  For you, Jimin, I don't have to be someone I'm not.

  "I'm sorry, mother, but I can't let you control the wheel all the time. I am my own person with emotions and choices, and for a very long time, I have let you make choices for me that have only brought negative consequences towards my mental health.

  However, the choice I made to leave with the boy, whom you think of as a nobody, was the best choice I have ever made for myself. Thank you for raising me and for letting me stay with you even though you thought of me as a nuisance when you could have thrown me out.

  I'm also sorry for those who's time I wasted, especially Jungkook's parents, but Jungkook deserves to be with someone who loves him and makes him happy instead of being with someone who's heart is already taken.

  Goodbye and thank you everyone."

  After I finished my speech, I calmly and excitedly walked through the exit. Never to see the one who caused me pain ever again.

ㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗ

  A/N: Hey guys! So this quarantine has brought me and my older sister closer since we rant about a lot of things and because she can't work (she's a dental assistant). I feel relieved because it means that I have improved at opening up to people especially my sibling even if I haven't told them everything it still a big improvement to my health.
  Now, I'm just worried about the middle sister because she doesn't open up our parents' divorce which I know is hard to do. It just makes me worry because I know how I thought and how I felt back then because I bottled up a lot of my feelings.
  Thank you for reading!❤️

Date: 04/28/20
Word count: 1050 words