Chapter 4: September 12

Taehyung's POV

I took in deep breaths as I got in my car. Today was the day Jimin and I were going to leave our controlled lives behind us.

Slowly, I reversed from my house's driveway and drove towards the gates. It didn't take long for them to open and soon, I was out driving to my brother's house.

Since Namjoon found out about the plan, he said he wanted to meet Jimin before we left. Of course, this made me nervous because if he didn't like Jimin, he would tell mother about our whereabouts.

  "About time you got here." Jimin said, holding a gift as I got out of the car in front of my brother's house. "I've been waiting for you, so we could enter at the same time. It'd be awkward going in alone without you."

  "Well, I'm here now!" I called out, jogging to him with my present in one hand. Taking his hand in my free one, I pulled him lightly towards the steps leading to the door. "Come on!"

  While I was turning my head forward, I caught a glimpse of a small blush appear on Jimin's cheeks. Before, I never really felt anything seeing him in that state, but ever since Namjoon mentioned us as boyfriends, it's been awkward for me to be around him.

  Ignoring my thoughts, I rung the doorbell with his hand still in my grasp. The sound of the door unlocking and opening. Namjoon's husband, Seokjin, stood inside, gesturing is to come in.

  "Come on in! Oh my gosh! You two look so cute together!"

  "We're not dating." Jimin said, quickly letting go of my hand.

  "I never said that." He said as the corners of his lips curved in amusement. "I just said you two looked cute together."

  "Can we not talk about this kind of stuff?"

"Of course..." Jin said mischievously. "Namjoon has been waiting for you two in the kitchen."

Both of us walked behind Jin quietly. It was obvious that the two of us were thinking about what the elder had said. Once we entered the kitchen area, I brushed away any thoughts pertaining to my relationship with Jimin.

"Hi, Taehyungie." Namjoon said coming up to me so we could hug each other. He then proceeded to take the gift with a small thanks and then turned to Jimin. "It's nice to finally meet you, Jimin. As you probably know, I'm Taehyung's brother, Kim Namjoon. You can call me Hyung by the way."

"Nice to meet you, Hyung." Jimin looked nervous and didn't seem to know what to say next until he looked at the gift in his hand. "I got you a gift. TaeTae helped me pick it out."

"TaeTae?" He asked looking between us as he took the gift from the younger.

"Y-Yeah that's what he calls me." I awkwardly laugh looking around. "Just like I call him Minnie!"

I tried lightening up the mood, but failed miserably. Namjoon and Seokjin kept looking at the two of us.

"You sure you aren't dating?" Namjoon spoke up. "Because you seem a lot closer than you two lead on."

"I assure you that we aren't dating because we only see each other as friends."

Jin snorted and walked to stand in front of us. Putting a hand on one of our shoulders, he began talking again. "It's okay to be embarrassed. I mean talking about relationships is hard, especially since your mom doesn't know."

"Um, Jinnie, I don't think they really are boyfriends..."

Jin looked at the two of us. We had very dark and apparent blushes on our cheeks. "Oh.... Well, I'm sorry for being so assumptions!"

Jin stepped back a couple steps. He went on rambling about how he picked up signals about our relationship being more than friends, leaving the three
of us speechless.

After spending some time at my brother's house, Jimin and I decided it was time to leave.

"Please take care of my car." I said to Namjoon as we were leaving out the front door.

"Don't worry about it, but I want you to promise me something."

"Sure what is it?" I was worried as to what he had to say.

"Please enjoy yourself. Be free from any worries of home, okay?"

"Don't worry I will!" I said happily hugging him. "Thank you for being so understanding about this and accepting Jimin as my companion."

"See this is why we thought he was your lover." He said chuckling.

"Hyung!" I whined in frustration.

"Have fun! And I'll see you again someday!" He ruffled my hair, making it messy.

"Goodbye, Joonie hyung!"

Once we bid our goodbyes, the two of us were sitting in the car buckling up.

"You sure you want do this?" He asked, looking at me with one hand in the steering wheel and the other on the gear shift.

"Of course! Are you sure?"

"With you with me, I think I'll be fine."

Both of us laughed and then began to drive off.

Today was the day Jimin and I began our 'worldwide road trip'.

ㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗ

A/N: Hey guys! I really don't feel like doing anything today. I honestly need to finish a lot of shows like Naruto, Supernatural, and the end of the fucking world, but I'm too lazy to do that all day.
  Thank you for reading!❤️

Date: 11/09/19
Word count: 904 words