Chapter 31: Seoul Pt. 11

Taehyung's POV

  The wedding was getting nearer. Soon, I'll have to say goodbye to Jimin forever.

  I may not like Jungkook in a romantic way, and his feelings were mutual. Both of us knew that we didn't have much of a choice.

  Still, Namjoon's question rang inside my head. Are you really afraid of her or are you afraid to be happy?

I tried pushing them away, but the more I did, the more it came back like an ocean wave. It made me want to forget about my mother and actually learn to be happy again.

The fear inside me comes when I start to feel happy, but in the back of my mind I know that it won't last anyway. Whether it's mother or someone else, my happiness doesn't last.

I'm so afraid even if my mental health has been getting better. My brother convinced Mom to let me live with him and Seokjin.

Sometimes I feel like I'm a burden living with them because I haven't been allowed to work. After I moved in, they set up regular appointments for me to see a therapist to which she suggested a break from anything stressful including work. She told me to start new hobbies or get in touch with some old ones.

So far I have mostly painted sunsets by the ocean, and I always try to paint Jimin but stop when I get to the face. I don't know wether I should paint a smile or a frown. I feel like a hypocrite when I think of painting a smile, but I also feel like a frown doesn't suite him.

  I sighed as I pulled away my paint brush from the canvas. I have painted another sunset. It was purple and pink sky with hints of red and two silhouettes sitting by the cliff. I looked at the painting longingly and touched the dried strokes of paint.

  The thought of this scenery brought a bittersweet feeling. I missed this so much. The beautiful painting in front of me was no more but a memory, yet it felt like I was reliving the same emotions of that time.

  I always do this without wanting to. I keep thinking about the one person I always try to avoid in my sleep, but my subconscious won't let me. It's a never ending labyrinth with him even though he isn't even here.

  "Are you painting again?" A voice said from the door.

  "Yeah." I said already knowing who it was by his voice.

  "What type of scenery did you paint today?" His uniformed brown hair rested just above his eyebrows as he stared at my loving memory.

  "I was just reminiscing about something I can't hold."

  There was silence. I don't blame him because how would someone respond to what I said. My thoughts and feelings are as complicated as the word love.

  "Are you ready?" I ask.

  "Ready for what in particular?"

  "The wedding, Jungkook."

  "Oh, that... it's in a couple days. Isn't it? Time flies by really fast."

  "Yes, it does..." I heard movement behind me before I felt a warm hug from behind.

"I'm so glad your doing better." He said. "You know you, my cousin, and his husband are the only ones I can truly trust."

"I'm sorry for putting you through that trouble." Guilt pricked at my heart, but his warm embrace made me feel at ease. Still, the warmth that it gave off will never compare to the one I felt from him.

"I actually came here to tell you something." Jungkook said, pulling a chair to sit next to me.

"What is it?"

"It's, uh... It might be weird to here this out of nowhere, but-" He took a moment to collect his thoughts before he spoke again. "I want you to know that if a chance towards freedom presents itself, I want you to take it. Actually, I want you to promise me you'll take it."

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't shocked to hear him speak of freedom. Somehow, I felt that this had an underlying meaning to it. Like, something was about to happen, and I wasn't sure if I was ready. Although the feeling of unease settled, I still nodded my head and said:

"I promise."

ㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗ

A/N: Hey guys! The book is almost finished! Also, I'm sorry for not updating yesterday. I was doing the online work I was assigned for school all day.
  Thank you for reading!❤️

Date: 03/31/20
Word count: 762 words