Chapter 13: Toronto

Jimin's POV

    "I'm telling you I could've taken better pictures than that dude."

  Taehyung and I woke up, ate breakfast, and took a photo shoot around town with a professional photographer.

  "You wouldn't have been able to take pictures of the two of us at the same time. Though I would love to take pictures of only you." I said the last part under my breath hoping he didn't hear.

  "What did you say?"

  "Nothing." I answered quickly while changing the subject. "How about we do something? Any suggestions?"

  "How many times do I have to tell you, Jimin?" He said, sighing in annoyance. "We can do things you want to do."

  "Why is it so hard to be selfish?"

He laughed at my behavior and just kept dragging me along random streets, until an idea sparked in my mind.

  "Why don't we go horseback riding?"

  When I looked at him, a coat of fear glazed his eyes, but quickly went away. I shook the thought away, thinking it was just my imagination.

  "Sure."

Once we found a place to visit, we called a taxi over to and gave the driver our destination. Afterwards, we arrived at the place and started picking our horses once the instructors showed us around. While I was excited, Taehyung had been awfully quiet.

"Should I choose this black one?" I looked over at him, but I noticed that he hadn't moved away from from the entrance of the pen. "Tae, are you ok?"

"Yeah, it's just I haven't ridden a horse since I was ten."

"And why did you stop?"

"Because there was an accident."

"Oh..."

"But I'm hoping I'll be able to ride one again."

  He's thinking about what I want to do. He's willing to overcome his fear for me...

  I warm feeling swelled inside me. I looked down with a controlled smile on my face as I realized that he wanted to overcome his fear for me.

  "You really don't have to do this, you know?" I looked up at him in curiosity only to see a slightly angry face. "Never mind, but let me promise to you that I'll help you, ok?"

  His facial expression disintegrated and blown away by the wind. A fresh new look of content puffed out his cheeks and made his eyes become diamonds.

  "Come on, Tae. Let's pick a horse for you." Gently, I took his hand in mine and guided him to the middle of the ring. "Look around and see if one of them likes you."

  Taehyung slowly walked towards the side of a brown caramel colored horse with a white stripe along the nose. He stretched out his hand to stroke the side his cheek. "Hello there, horse."

  He looked so humane when he was petting the horse. It was like I was watching a movie in a theatre. Maybe this is why I like him, so much. He's cinematic. As if he belonged in a romance film.

  "Look, Chimmie, I befriended the horse."

  I chuckled at his childish actions, adding to the list of the many things I like about him.

  "Should we go now?"

Taehyung's POV

  While we were getting prepared, the girl, who was instructing us, was being too touchy with Jimin. I tried to ignore it as I just kept thinking it was her job to make sure we do things right.

  "So are you two taken?" She asked curiously. "Because you guys are handsome."

  I couldn't really understand what she said because Jimin only explained to me a couple words throughout our journey. But from what I know, she said the number two and she called him handsome.

  A flicker of anger passed through me. I knew I should control my thoughts because it could cause unwanted attention. Throughout our little adventure I stayed behind, trying to drown out their voices with the sounds of nature.

  I stared at the back of Jimin's head with sad thoughts crawling around in my head. He broke his promise. He doesn't care. Mother was right when she said that no one would ever lower their standards for me.

  He talks so comfortably with her, and they just met. It took him a while to open up to me. She was right. She has always said I was a disappointment. It's all true.

  Before I knew it, it was time to go. We rode back in silence, and unlike on the way here, fear didn't catch my tongue; hurt had taped my mouth shut. The silence carries on until Jimin left to avoid the awkwardness that had piled up.

  Then, the quiet air broke with my cries.

  It hurts so much right now. I'm not even sure if the kiss is what made me feel this way and not because I actually like him. I can't make up my mind and it's suffocating. I'm so useless that I can't fucking make up my mind.

It's not like he'll ever love me anyway. Trying my hardest will never be enough for me or anyone else. I will never catch the eye of someone because I'm useless. I'm useless...

  I threw pillows and screamed without caring if anyone heard. I collapsed on the bed and felt the last tear slip down as shadows swallowed my vision. Only two words ran through my mind:

I'm useless.

ㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗ

  A/N: Hey guys! So I have finals tomorrow, but here I am updating at like eleven. I was supposed to do this a couple days ago, but I forgot.
Thank you for reading!❤️

Date: 12/18/19
Word count: 935 words