Chapter 14: December 25

Jimin's POV

Days have passed, but Taeyung and I have become distant. We stopped going to places together. We stopped sleeping together. We eventually stopped doing things all together.

And I hated it with all my heart.

Maybe he found out that I liked him and thought it would be better to be apart than to turn me down on the spot. I knew I shouldn't have liked him. I'm so stupid to even think I had a chance.

"I'm so stupid." I kept repeating myself while pulling at my hair. "So damn stupid."

I heard the door open and shut as he walked into the room. Quickly, he got his pajamas and shut the restroom door, locking it behind him.

So much for a happy Christmas Day.

I lied down on the bed with eyes wide open, thinking about anything I could've done wrong. With a heavy heart, I blankly stared at the ceiling. Out of all the things that have happened, this is the one that hurts the most.

Minutes passed and minutes turned to an hour, yet I was still awake. My muscles tensed when I finally heard noise from the restroom door. He had finally decided to come of the cave.

  I heard him sigh very lightly and turn off the lights. By now, he should think that I fell asleep. More time seemed to pass slowly and agonizingly slow.

  Silence pounded in my ears. My whole body was stiff with fear of making any sudden movement that could draw attention to me.

  It felt like hours before I could here the sound of someone crying. Without thinking I quickly got up from the bed and sat next to Taehyung.

  "Are you ok? Did something happen?"

  Concern dominated my thinking process. All I worried about was his condition.

  "I'm fine, Jimin. You don't have to worry about anything. Go back to sleep."

  Although it didn't sound like he had just cried, I could hear the restraint he put on his voice for it to sound normal.

  "Tae, please... tell me what I did wrong. It's Christmas. We were supposed to spend it together. We haven't talked to each other. We haven't done anything together. I can't help you if you won't tell me what's wrong."

  "Well maybe I don't need your help. I-I can figure this out by myself. I just need some distance! I need space! I can't have you breathing down my neck all the damn time! I don't want your help!"

  I couldn't take it. My heart couldn't take anymore of this pain. It's been weeks, and we're supposed to be happily free from everything. Yet with all these emotions, it feels like I'm still stuck in the bird cage made of avoidance and hate.

  But maybe I feel this hurt because I like him. Maybe he's just grown tired of me. I'm not a comedic person, interesting, or special. I'm just the stranger who opened up the door to his cage, but put a leash around his neck.

  Slowly, I left Taehyung on his cold hard bed for my own winter bed. I'll give him space. I'll give him whatever he wants. As long as he's happy.

If you truly like someone, then you have to learn when to let go.

ㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜ

  A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated, and happy (very) late Christmas.
  Thank you for reading!❤️

Date: 12/25/19
Word count: 476 words