Chapter 17: February 18

Taehyung's POV

  "I'm sorry, Minnie." I was looking around in dismay, for we had hoped to get away from the cold weather. Sadly, I chose Real de Catorce as our destination without knowing it would snow that day before we arrived.

"It's fine, TaeTae. As long as we're together, right?"

  The tone in his voice changed from before. It used to be warm and honey like, but now it's freezing like a freezer put on high and sharp. Does he hate me? Did I ruin everything we had?

   Even as we walked, negative thoughts repeated in my head, but I still smiled. I didn't want Jimin to think something is wrong because we've fought for a long time, and I don't want to stay angry with him any longer than I have.

We continued walking in the streets dressed in white sheets. Our footprints marked behind us as we looked around for a hotel. The town had an old styled structure with signs hanging above the door to its side.

When we got our hotel room, the inside had been shaped into a square with an open area covered in white fluff. Once we got inside our designated room, it was quite warm thankfully.

"So what do you want to do, since we're stuck here for a while." I looked at the weather app on my phone, analyzing what was to come. "More snow will be coming in and most of the flights are cancelled."

"Let's just look up what they have around here."

I searched things up on my phone, and for once, we were in comfortable silence. Eventually, Jimin found a place close where there was a tour for a ghost town.

  The only downside to the trip there was our transportation. We'd have to ride horses to the town.

——

  Traveling down the road, people talked and talked in the cool air. Whether it was about their day or about the climate, I didn't know because I didn't understand nor did Jimin.

  "Hey, Tae?" Jimin asked from beside me.

  "I'm sorry about last time."

  "Sorry about what?"

  "When we went horse riding in Canada?"

  "Oh..."

  "Is... Is that why you were mad?"

  "Yeah... you're slow when it comes to other people." A small smile was beginning to form on my lips.

  "Isn't that your job?"

  "You're mean."

  For the first time in a long while, we laughed together. Happily even. Thankfully, we were placed in the back of the group, so we could talk comfortably without disturbing others.

  We eventually reached the town, and the tour guide showed us the different parts before letting us explore on our own. Though, we had to personally communicate with our hands since we didn't understand what he said.

  Jimin decided for us to play hide-n-seek across the town, and so I agreed. Everything was running smoothly, but after a while I couldn't find Jimin. I looked at the time on my phone and realized our group was about to leave.

  "Jimin? We're almost going to leave." Even though there was a little chance of him being around, I still hoped he'd hear me.

   After about ten minutes searching around, panic began to rise in my throat because we only had five minutes left to return to the entrance, and since I've been running around like a crazy man, I didn't know where I was.

  "Jimin?!"

  Oh, please let me find him. I wouldn't what I'd do if Jimin went missing. This can't be how we drift apart. I didn't even get to tell him how I feel.

  I searched frantically all over the place. I haven't even seen anybody else while trying to find my Jimin. At that point, I couldn't breath and there was a searing pain in my chest.

"Tae?!"

  I heard a voice yell behind me, quickly turns around, and came face-to-face with his. I hurriedly ran towards him, embracing him in a tight hug to which he stumbled back a little.

  "You scared me, you idiot."

  Jimin hugged me back with the same warmth as back then. "I'm sorry. Just don't cry anymore."

"Where were you?"

"I wondered off to far. I'm sorry. I didn't even realize the time."

"Let's just go back."

"Okay."

After the group settle back into position, we headed back a different route for us to see more of the landscape. Once we finished the tour, we headed to a nearby coffee shop, trying to warm ourselves up because of the ice-cold weather outside.

By the end of the day, we were laying in bed and in each other's arms just like always, but it's different from last time. It feels warmer. A gentle smile rested on my lips and felt the heating on my cheeks. It felt like I was in a room with the heater turned on high.

"Tae, I'm sorry I freaked you out during the ghost town tour."

"It's fine it's just I was afraid I'd lost you."

In embarrassment, I pushed my head deeper into the crook of his neck, trying to avoid as much contact as possible. I felt the rumble coming from his chest as he let out a small laugh.

"Well, we're together now, so. what does it matter."

Warm. It all felt so warm.

Aa if we were laying in a pool of orange, sunken down by the weight in our hearts.

ㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗ

  A/N: Hey guys! Yesterday was my first day back from winter break, but the lights went off. In my school if the lights stay off for about two hours we get to go home. Literally, twenty minutes before the two hour mark hit the lights turned on. I was so mad.
  Thank you for reading!❤️

Date: 01/08/19
Word count: 968 words