Chapter 28: Seoul Pt. 8

Taehyung's POV

  "The Jury finds that the defendant, Park Jimin, is considered guilty. He will be sentenced to twenty years in prison."

  Events in one person's life can either hurt or heal a person, but I think that this one had torn me to shreds.

  Although it's been months, Jimin hasn't left my train of thought. No matter what day it was, no matter the weather, the time of day, what I wore, what I saw. Everything just reminded me of him.

  Everything reminded me of the bright watermelon haired boy I met in June. The same boy who took me across the world because we related lost the same things. We were each other's save haven.

  Instead of being there for him, I stood along side with the one who took him away and threatened to kill him. I never wanted this to happen, yet it did.

  Now, I sit in front of someone who doesn't make me feel the way he did. The other shook me hand, but I didn't made me feel the way Jimin had. I looked into his eyes, and they didn't shimmer with joy. Who would in this situation?

  This man in front of me is a complete stranger. He looks handsome and sweet and charming, but he holds no grand adventure and freedom like my first true love.

  "Taehyung?" The man said in a cautious tone. "Are you alright?"

  I blinked for a second and turned away from the empty space next to me, where I had wished Jimin to be. "Yes, I'm fine."

  I lie.

I lied.

Back in the court room, I lied, and I still lie. If I keep up this act up, how long will I last before my mind starts to crumble? Before I'm no longer myself?

  "Are you sure? If you aren't feeling well, we can try another time."

  "Jungkook, I'm fine. I was just thinking about someone."

  "What were you thinking about?"

"Just someone I met."

"Let me guess. You loved that person."

I looked at him before nodding slowly.

"You know... we both can relate. I won't take offense if you loved someone before our parents' arrangement."

"You had someone too?"

He nodded his head and looked up at the sky. "She was really sweet, but she didn't meet the expectations of my parents. She was too 'wild' they said. She didn't have parents that demanded her to be perfect. I wanted to be like her.

She's actually the one that showed me to be more humble and kind. As embarrassing as it is to say, I used to be really snobby. I just wanted one thing for myself, but they didn't let me have is. I did everything for them and gave up so much, yet they wanted more."

"I had someone who showed me the world, too." A smile rested upon my face at the thought of my adventures. "He brought me peace, joy, and warmth."

"He sounds like a special person." Jungkook said. "May I know what happened?"

"My mother. Me. I ruined our relationship when I chose her over him." My stomach felt like I had swallowed rocks and now they were dragging me down to the bottom of the ocean.

"Why?"

No body knows about what happened to us. I begged mother to keep this out of the news and articles. I wouldn't want anybody to know Jimin was my supposed my kidnapper.

"I would rather not talk about it."

"Oh... I'm sorry for whatever happened."

"It's okay. It's something I alone could've changed if I had just stood up to my mother."

Our silence took over the atmosphere, reminiscing in our own failures and mistakes.

  "Have you ever thought of apologizing?" I asked.

  "I have."

  "Then have you?"

  "Of course." Jungkook replied, chuckling a little. "It didn't go as well as I expected. You know people always try to picture different scenarios of what might happen when we apologize.

  We think 'will they accept it?', 'Will they be mad?', 'Will they say this or that'. It's hilarious honestly because the least expected reaction is the one we are never prepared for."

  "I'm guessing she didn't take the news well?"

  "Quite the opposite. When I first told her she seemed shocked mostly, but understood that I would never follow freedom if it meant disappointing my parents. It hurt to hear her say that."

  "What did you say in return?"

  "Nothing."

  "Nothing?"

  He nodded his head and repeated what he said earlier. "A word of advice, Taehyung. When you're apologizing, or if you ever plan to apologize, don't stay quiet."

  "That sounds easier said than done. I'm not even sure an apology will fix whatever I've done."

  "Are you ever going to try?"

  "I've thought about it. Stood outside of where he's 'housed'. I didn't go in. I didn't even attempt to go in. To tell you the truth, I'm scared to do so."

  "Maybe you should face him. I don't know what you two have been through, but I think you should try. If not, the guilt will carry on forever."

"I guess your right. Maybe it's time for me to say I'm sorry. Maybe it's time to say goodbye."

"Goodbye?" Jungkook inquires.

"Yes, goodbye because he's safer without me."

ㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗ

A/N: Hey guys! I've recently gotten into psychics and stuff like that. I find it interesting how deals with our energy, and the way the law of attraction works
  Anyway, I'm on spring break so I'm try to finish up this story and probably update every Monday afterwards.
  Thank you for reading!❤️

Date: 03/09/20
Word count: 942 words