52. Seonghwa x Hongjoong

Story plot: Seonghwa has a huge crush on Hongjoong. Sadly, Seonghwa is too nervous and shy to actually confess to his leader. During the mini mission they decided to pair up to do the filming.

Seonghwa sighs as he sits down on his bed after another mission. They've spend so much time these days and he's slowly getting more and more frustrated with his own feelings towards their leader, Kim Hongjoong.

From the day they met, they've always had a special connection. A connection that caused Seonghwa to slowly develop stronger feelings for the other over time. At first he tried to deny it. He has never been in love with a guy before, so he figured his feelings might come from the strong bond that they had developed.

The more time they would spend together, the more his feelings were growing to a point where he would feel empty whenever Hongjoong left to go back to the studio to finish some things up. All he wanted was to follow his leader, just to be around him.

He still kept pushing those feelings aside, forcing himself to believe it's just a strong friendship.

But he won't forget the day when he couldn't deny it any longer. It was a sunday morning and he was making breakfast as usual. He remembers Hongjoong entering the kitchen, telling him he wasn't feeling well because he had probably overworked himself. Seonghwa spend the whole day taking care of his leader, making sure he was comfortable and feeling better. At some point, Hongjoong was laying on the couch, his head resting on Seonghwa's lap as they were watching a movie. It wasn't just a friendship for Seonghwa anymore, he definitely felt the butterflies in his stomach when Hongjoong laid down, head resting on his lap.

From that day on, Seonghwa worked on accepting the fact that he had definitely fallen in love with Hongjoong, but he hadn't told anyone yet. It was the Woosan couple who dragged him to their shared room to talk. They noticed the way Seonghwa would casually follow Hongjoong around the room with his eyes never leaving the precious boy.

"Seonghwa hyung, you're in love with Hongjoong aren't you?" Wooyoung asked as he sat down next to Seonghwa on the couch. Seonghwa felt all the blood rise up to his cheeks, not facing either San or Wooyoung. "Hyung.." San continued carefully. They cared about their hyung. "Trust me, no one knows or even suspects anything. It's just that we're boyfriends and we see the way you look at him. The way you smile when he smiles. To us, his name is tattooed on your forehead." Seonghwa continued to glance down at his lap, not knowing what to reply. "Hyung.." Wooyoung placed his hand on Seonghwa's back. "We know it can be really confusing. It's not easy to accept and it's complicated when you like a guy." San nods in agreement. "I remember when I catched feelings for Wooyoung. It took me forever to accept it and honestly. At the time I didn't talk to any of you guys about it, but I wish I did." Seonghwa takes a deep breath. "I.. I think I might be.. Well no, I don't think I might feel that way, I do. I just really love him. I'm madly in love with him. What do I do? I can't just pull him aside and be like oh yeah hi I'm in love with you. What if he doesn't feel the same about me. It would make things so awkward!" San smiled and nodded his head. "Trust me when I say you'll find the right moment. I can't tell you when that will be, but there will be a moment when you're like; this is it. This is the moment." Seonghwa sighs and nods, resting his head on Wooyoung's shoulder. "Please don't tell anyone.." "We won't hyung, we promise." Wooyoung says, letting Seonghwa stay like that who was thinking about a billion things at the same time. But San was right, he felt so much better now that he'd talked about it.

Months have passed by and Seonghwa is still hopelessly waiting for that feeling San told him about. There have been a few moments where he thought he'd might spill it. But he always waited to long and Hongjoong would leave to the studio again.