chapter 1. The first sight love and hate

Chapter 1.

I entered into the house, opened the inner main door, took off my heals, carried them in my hand and tip toed towards my room which was upstairs after crossing the huge living room.

The living room I was crossing, was not actually a living room, it is used for many purposes like dining and lounge as there was a big dining table on one side and the other side, it has big LCD and Sofas with a central table.

I live with my Aunt Emma and her family. She is the wife of a millionaire of the city, David Ashton.

Her family is small. She has two kids Bolvina is 15 years old and Michael short for Mike, is 12 years old. I was the elder kid in the house so I always treated like a princess and I kind of frank with my aunt as she is just 20 years old than me. I am 17 and my name is Alicia. I am college final year student and I have a close friend Cindy and she have a group of friend we used to hang out with. I am not really dating someone, but guys do hit on me and ask me out time to time which I decline with attitude.

Ground floor of the house consist of a garden, porch, garage, and inside it's a huge living room I mentioned earlier, with an open kitchen on the right side of inner door and luxury rooms with attach bathrooms after crossing it . The rooms it has are huge drawing room and a master bedroom.

There is a big open foyer before staircase and stairs are situated in the center of the place going up.

There is a terrace at the end which is after crossing four rooms across.
First room on the left is in my use. Second one is guest room. across my room, its is Bolvina's and with her, its Michael's room.

I entered in my room and closed the door without making any sound. I was at Cindy's place yesterday and watching movies. I tip toed because it's already 5 am and I was supposed to be here at 11 pm. I am hell late and I had to hide myself to get off the scolding phase. I don't want to face Aani (Aunt Emma) and her questions so I slipped in my sheets to sleep soundly.

I was awaken by my sweet younger cousin Mike, who was pouting while making his effort to wake me up.

"Sweetie! Get up, mom is calling for you. We have a guest."

"So what am I supposed to do?" I said with a frown while stretching my hands out.

"She is calling for you. Its already lunch time. Come on! Everyone is waiting for you."

He said and run away quickly, leaving my door open, which I hate the most.

"Agh!" I had to get out of my bed to close that again. Every time he comes, he left the door open.

I was wearing my parrot green colored loose trousers and a baggy loose shirt. I tied my hairs in hair bun roughly and washed my face.

I get out of the bathroom after doing my business and brushing my teeth. It took me 15 minutes to get ready to go downstairs. I was not expecting that the guest would come this early.

As I walked downstairs, I saw everyone sitting around the dining table and enjoying their lunch while gossiping. Well! not everyone was talking.

Uncle David was talking to his guest, and Aani was passing dishes to the guest which he was being shy to take every time. He was being hesitant, shy was not the right word for it. Aani was being too sweet to the guest. And the other two were just eating and listening.

As I walked down the stairs, everyone looked at me, including the "guest".
He was looking around my age, or may be older than me by a year or two. I can see his face features resemble Uncle David Ashton and he was looking at me without blinking as I was getting down. I felt his eyes on me the whole time until I reached to the table. The only chair left empty for me was across his. I hated him the moment he laid eyes on me.

Yes! He was not the guest, he was a family member. I heard the story few days ago that before marrying my aunt, Mr. David was married to another woman, and he has a child.. well I did not knew the child is girl or boy, but now I do. Aani told me that uncle David is going to bring his Kid to this house to live with him. She wanted me to be nice to him because she knew my nasty personality. Well its her perception about me, I am more like a reserved and self-loving person.

As I sat on the chair, I looked up, and he was already looking at me. My aunt gestured me to greet him properly which I did not wanted to, so I did not bother. But her glares making me feel awkward so I did greet him with a Rude "Hi", she introduced me..
"Xander! She is my niece, Alicia, we call her sweetie."

Now what's the need of telling him my nick name? He can get to know by living here.

He smiled at me. "Hi! I am Xander Ashton!"
He doesn't need to tell me his full name, I already knew that now. I ignored him completely.

I took out some rice in my plate and added some fried chicken piece to it. As I was about to get up, Aani glared at me with anger. Uncle David was busy with chatting and eating with his son so he did not noticed my actions.
She warned me in eyes gestures that don't move. Sit here and have your lunch.

I seriously did not wanted to have lunch on this table especially when his eyes were on me but couldn't help my aunt pleading, as Uncle David was also there.
I kept silent the whole time.

"Feel free at home Xander! We are your family now." I rolled my eyes at her sweet voice.

"Thank you aunt!" he said gratefully.

"What is this? I am not your aunt, I am your mom! Call me mom!"

She was being too sweet to him and I secretly felt out of picture. Everyone was giving him extra attention and I felt jealous somehow. Aani treated me as her own daughter but it seems like she only care about her new found son.

"Mom!" he repeated hesitantly like a little baby tried to speak a new word.
The expressions on Aani's face make me jealous more. I can't see them being cheesy. I got up from my seat.

"What happened sweetie? Have your lunch with us!"

Aani said in a worried tone.

"I am full! I am tired I am going to sleep."

I smiled at Uncle David thankfully and did not looked back.

*please don't forget to vote*