Chapter 12. Confused thoughts

Writer's words:

*Please do share your views on story with your comments and messages. Hope you like it so far.*

Chapter 12.

He touched his cheek with his hand and his lips were split from the corner, blood dripping out of it.

"You bloody bastard! After ruining my daughter's life, you are wandering shamelessly doing fun, what do you think of yourself? I will drag you to jail. You will pay for my damage..."

She was abusing him non stop. Dev came closer  and stand between that woman and Xander.

"Stop it. We all know who is the culprit. Just to hide your faults you are putting blame on him. You people are not even human."

He grabbed Xander's arm and dragged him along. I moved with them as well.

"What happened?" I asked Dev. He looked too much angry.

"Nothing!" He was moving back and forth in front of the car in parking.

"This is nothing? What that woman did is nothing? And by the way who is she?" I looked at Xander who was scared like he saw a ghost.

"Nothing. None of your business!" Xander spoke in low voice I barely heard.

"What is happening? Dev?" I grabbed his arm.

"Don't ask anything." He silenced me in a warning tone.

"What the...."

"I will tell you later. Don't ask anything in front of him." He warned me like a concerned friend.

Dev eyes were red with anger and he looked disturbed. I looked at Xander who was sitting in the back seat of the car.

"Sit". Dev ordered me and he sat on driving seat. Xander was not in the condition to drive judging by the look on his face.

His face looked drenched like someone has pulled out his soul and he was not blinking, looking pointlessly at the driver seat from back. His eyes felt wet to me but no tear dropped out of his eyes.

His lips corner was cover in blood in a thin line half way down to his chin. His cheek felt red due to finger prints of slap.

His hands intertwined with each other were trembling. He clenched them too tightly to stop trembling but it was of no help. His lips were closed like he swore he will never speak again. I tried to calm him down so I touched his arm, he was burning.

"I am fine!"

His voice was a bit shaky. I feel pain in my heart. This is not how you feel towards a person you hate.

Dev drove us home and parked the car. As soon as car stopped, Xander get out of the car and run inside towards his room.

Dev stopped me.

"Alicia! Listen!"

He looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Don't tell your aunt or anyone about this and don't even ask him anything please?"