Chapter 15. The lost bracelet

Chapter 15.

We were at a restaurant sitting all together except Xander. He said he would be there before 6 pm. It was the cake cutting time.

They were thinking that he was busy buying her gift. After all, he was a brother, and a caring one.

I was wearing light green frock with dark green tights and matching shade sandals. I let my hairs open. They were coming at half of my back. I just curled them. It was suiting me, making me more beautiful.

The time was 5:55 pm and there were no signs of Xander.

"David! call him. Why he is so late?"

My aunt was desperate more than the birthday girl. Uncle David dialed his number and then, when its about to remain 2 minutes into six, he showed up.

"Sorry for being late. I got stuck in an important business."

He said, sitting on the only empty chair, which was right beside me. His arm touched my arm slightly when he was sitting. I looked at him and he looked at me. We both starred at each other for no reason.

"Ahm!.. Starring competition is over. Time to cut the cake."

Aani's mischievous voice bring me back to the actual scene.

I looked away from him in embarrassment.

Bolvina was smiling, actually grinning as it was her favourite ice cream cake with lots of pineapple and leechy inside.

She grabbed the knife and blow all the candles before cutting it. As soon as her knife touched the cake, we all clap and sing happy birthday for her.

She cut the piece and gave each bite to everyone starting from Mike, uncle David, aani, me and then she moved towards Xander.

As soon as he opened his mouth, she backed away her hand making him shut his mouth empty. Xander smiled at her innocent naughtiness. Everyone chuckled.

His little sister was messing with her lovely brother. How cute! I smiled.

He grabbed her hand with force and took a bite successfully.

"This is cheating." She whined.

"No! this is absolutely fair." He said smiling ear to ear.

She fake pout and acted mad at him.

He looked at her sweetly and bring out a box under the table.

"Here is the compensation for this cheating."

She grabbed the box smiling widely and opened it.
It was a beautiful gold chain with a pendant with stone at it's center. The Stone was purple Ruby.

It was looking so beautiful. The most amazing Gift I saw ever. Beautiful! It was similar to my blue Stone pendant but it was more beautiful. May be because it was original.

Uncle David gave her cash prize and Aunt gave her a beautiful dress. I gave her a beautiful clutch which she wanted so badly. Mike gave her teddy bear with chocolates.

She hate chocolates but Mike still managed to offend her at her birthday. Haha!

"Take these back. You knew I don't like chocolates and you would end up eating all of them. Too clever."

She pouted again and took in the teddy bear with a card saying I love you sister and gave back chocolates to him.