Chapter 28. Alicia's Temper

Chapter 28.

I was crying silently, resting my head on his shoulder. His cell phone ringtone break the trance of the moment. I pulled away from him and wiped my eyes with the back of my hand.

He glanced at me and bring out his phone from his pocket. He looked at the screen and then looked at me, then again looked at screen and turned it off.

I was looking at him dumbfounded, why did he not pick it up. If someone call that late, it might mean something important.

His eyes trailed back to his room's door and I saw him nodding. I traced back his eyes direction but the door was closed by now. I guess there was Dev, calling him in.

He got up from sofa.

"I think you should sleep now. Its quite late."

I also get up looking at him. He was waiting for me to go first, so he was standing there. I moved closer, grabbed his arm and traced his wound with my finger.

"Xander...!"

Tears started to form in my eyes.

"Go to sleep Alicia! I am fine."

He genuinely smiled at me, making me feeling relax.

I looked up at him in his eyes.. Those eyes carries intensity that I never noticed in anyone else eyes except that blue eyes.

They are very similar except for their color. I wished that they both should not be the same person. But I strongly believed inside that they are the same person.

I moved away from him towards my room, looking back, feeling like someone squeezing my heart again and again. He was smiling, standing there, because he don't want me to worry.

I doubt that how come he take care of me when he think that I don't like him. Probably people back off in this situation but he always take care of me.

He love me way too much and I did not realized earlier. I always hurt him with my actions and words and he still loved me, always take care of me. I was seeing things what I did not see in the past due to my hatred and ego.

I knew something happened but he won't tell me, even if I ask him to.

...

Next morning we got up late because we slept late last night. Everyone was yawning and feeling sleepy. Only Mia was fine.

I don't know what Dev and Xander talked about or what they did that he was also feeling sleepy and almost falling here and there.

I asked him about Xander. He said he is still sleeping.

I go inside to check him if he is fine. I opened the door slowly to see him. He was lying there on the bed. I walked closer to his bed. His messy hairs on his forehead making him more sexy and devilishly handsome.

He was sleeping soundly with a satisfied look on his face. I couldn't guess if he was having a dream or that was from something else.

I got closer and placed my palm on his forehead to check his fever. He had no fever. I was relaxed. Then I saw at his arm where there was wound.

It was wrapped in a cotton bandage. My heart clenched inside my chest. But he was looking too hot, sleeping there like that. I was about to go out when I saw him smiling slightly.

I turned back to go out but he immediately popped open his eyes and grabbed my hand. I stopped.

"Where are you going?"