Chapter 48. Liar Husband!

Chapter 48.

My back touched his chest and his arms wrapped around me tightly. I squirmed a bit when he whispered near my ear.

"I have a habit of hugging while sleeping."

He pressed his lips to peck on the my shoulder above my night gown and after that he did not moved.

He slept calmly with me in his arms.

I guess he was comfortable that way. I was calm again and fall asleep.

....

After six months...

Our life was going smooth and beautiful. He was going to his Dad's office regularly and I was going to university. He dropped me every time and picked me every time.

He took me on a date every now and then and I was glad he didn't force me into anything. My graduation was near and he sometimes help me in my projects and assignments as well.

Life was beautiful for me once again. I had a loving husband and a friend in form of Xander Ashton and I was happy.

He sometimes behaving too sweet, make hot chocolate or soup for me before sleeping at night, as a loving and caring husband and everything he made, turned out to be too delicious.

I was getting more and more beautiful according to the compliments given by everyone. But Xander sometimes seemed too tired. His eye bags were visible sometimes as well. Either he was not taking care of his health or he was working too much in the office.

...

We were sitting around the breakfast table. Xander has a meeting to attend with his Dad and some clients.

"You are slipping from office quite often and I got some complains that you sleep around during working hours."

"No dad... I just got late from lunch break few times only.."

He replied with obedience and respect.

"And what about you dozing off in the office? What kind of image would be formed by our employees and clients?"

"Sorry dad! I just felt bored with all these office works.. I get tired of sitting in one place for hours."

Uncle David gave him a certain look.

"You are married Xander. You have a responsibility on your shoulder. If you behave like that, how would you take care of your family?"

He looked down with a certain embarrassment.

"I am sorry dad. But I told you this job is not suitable for me. I can't sit on the Boss chair order around and signing documents. I feel sleepy in that chair. I like to do outdoor jobs. I officially requested you to shift my department. I wanted to work with sales strategy team but you forcefully throw.....I mean appoint me as the head of accounts department. I get bore reading all those balance sheets and legers."

He said with hopeless bored tone.

"You know I can't let you do out door jobs. I still hadn't forgotten the incident ten months ago."

"Dad please.. It won't happen again I promise!"

He said with such pleading eyes that uncle David looked at his son for few seconds then replied with a smile.

"No!"

He gave him a silent look and shifted his concentration towards the food.

...