Chapter 36. Sinking Heart!

Chapter 36.

"Xander! Take her with you."

He spared me one glance. Only one glance!

"Okay!" He did not say to me directly but he nodded and get out without saying any more word.

I get out grabbing my books and bag. When I get out of the gate, he already was sitting in the car, but he get out of the car to open the door for me.

I get inside silently. He get back at his driving seat and drive away.

...

We both were silent. He was wearing shades but I felt his eyes were straight on the road.

I gathered my strength and broke the silence.

"Why are you ignoring me?"

I felt my voice shaky. Like I was trying to control my tears.

"I guess you wanted that!"

My heart sank at his words and tone.

"I never said you should ignore me for some other girl!"

"You are starting it again Alicia! Did I say something when I saw you with Zack?"

There was no hint of anger or jealousy in his voice.

Wait! He knew his name? How?

"You know him? How do you know his name? I never told you!"

I was a bit confused but I tried not to cry now.

His body stiffened a bit.

"He is a regular there. And he is with different girl every time."

He knew everyone. What is he? Google or human encyclopedia?

"How do you know?"

"It doesn't matter. All that matter is I did not interfered in your matters, you should not do that to me as well."

Hr said calmly and like we are talking casually.

"Don't forget you are still betrothed with me."

I tried to remind him something.

"I think its about to end anyways!"

His words snatched the ground under my feet. My heart sank deeply and skipped beating. What was he talking about?

"W...what do..you mean?"

My heart was racing, God knows what he was going to reveal...

But he chooses not to say anything.

"I think you know more than anyone what I mean."

He could be that mean, I never imagined. He did not even care for me. I felt a sudden dizziness as I grabbed my head. Everything around me was going to black out.

...

When I opened my eyes, I was in a bed. It was a clinic. I looked around he was there near my bed, sitting on a stool.

He get up, come close towards me when he saw me awake. He was worried. His face was drenched.

"You okay???"

His voice was worried as well. Good, I will give you minor heart attacks now and then so that you will stick to me like this.

"Hmm!"

I did not speak much. I was enjoying giving him worries, he should be worried. He was making me almost lose my mind.

"I will inform the doctor."