Chapter 27. Feelings

Chapter 27.

I was a bit shocked to be honest. He was only few inches away and my heart started beating fast. What's wrong with me?

Dev started the car and our journey started. I did not knew where we were going but I did not had thought that because of my situation.

I was jealous earlier but now I was feeling nervous. I never felt that in front of anyone. Not even with Xander, before.

He looked at me, tilting his head. He noticed that I was drowned in my world of thoughts because I was silent for too long or I was not looking at him at all. I was staring outside of the car window.

"Sweetie..!" He called my name. I came back to reality.

"Huh. ...?"

I was so absent minded that I couldn't focus on anything. I was not even aware why, was I feeling like this?

"Are you okay?"

He looked at me with concern.

I blinked my eyes several time to make myself aware that I am with Xander.

When I finally came back to real world, I turned my face to look at him.

"Yeah.. Why?"

"You look a bit..." He paused for a moment "..lost."

"Why would I be?"

I chuckled to hide how he was right.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah? Why do you ask too much questions, Xander! Stop nagging."

I said annoyingly to refrain him from asking too many questions.

"I asked because your palms are feeling warm. Do you have a fever?"

He said looking at my face with worry or confusion, I couldn't guess what was that exactly.

"How do you know my palms are warm or I have a fever? Stop making a fuss."

I tried to scold him. I had to keep my pride high. I can't let Dev have another thing to tease me again.

"You are scared of something?"

He again said something and I got very irritated. I tighten my grip of hands.

"Agh...What is it Xander? why are you so worried?"

I said in my most anger controlling tone.

"You are holding my hand. I though you are scared or something."

He said while hiding his smile under lips.

I looked at my hands and..... he was right. I was holding his hand tightly. I immediately move my hand into my lap, leaving his hand.

"I did not realized that. It was happened by mistake."

"I believe you." He said, still smirking at the lips corner.

I was getting angry at his most cute smirking at the moment.

I just hang in there with patience which was way too difficult for me.

...

We did not speak after that till we reached our destination. It was a market but a different one. It has stalls for everything like there was a festival going on.

The car was parked in the parking area and we walked a bit to go inside the market place. It was open and looking very cute. Just like fairy tales. They were having different items and most of them were handmade.