Chapter 29. Arguments

Chapter 29.

The shadow started to grow bigger and bigger and then I felt someone's breathing near my ear.

Was it a ghost or a spirit?

"What are you doing here?"

I jumped at his voice. I looked back, gasping in relief that he was Xander.

"Who are you to ask me such a question?"

I was annoyed. I did not forget what he did this morning with Mia. They both were flirting in front of me.

"I don't get it. Why you get annoyed suddenly? I can't understand your mood swings."

He walked around the sofa to come in front where I was sitting, and sit besides me. I got up, seeing him sitting there but he grabbed my wrist to make me sit down.

"I don't have mood swings. You were flirting in front me. Don't you realize what you were doing?"

I said in a rude, harsh and hurt voice.

"When did I? And by the way you say you don't like me, so why does it effect you?"

"I am your fiancée. That's why. Or do you want to break off the engagement with me? You would be happy about that."

"Why would I be happy?"

He suddenly become worried.

"Because you can marry her with ease then."

I said scoffing and everting my eyes.

"Why would I marry her? she is like a sister to me!."

I turned my face towards him at his words. What was he saying? A sister? but the way he treat her was.... Yes... He could treat Bolvina like that so why don't he treat her like that as well.

Wait... Did he think of me as his sister as well? He also take care of me too much. He never tried to kiss me as well. What does that make me?

My mind was creating a list of questions and answers I was so busy to queering them that I did not realized he started to sip my coffee.

When I came back to reality world, I saw him sipping my coffee deliciously like he was enjoying his best coffee of life.

"This is mine."

He was about to take a sip but I snatched and pulled the cup towards me before that. I snatched my coffee which result in splashing some on his shirt a bit.

"Can't you share some to me?"

He was dusting off the coffee splashes from his shirt.

"No. If you need a coffee, go and ask your sister to make it for you."

I said in a jealous burned tone.

"Why would I ask her? And by the way what did I do that you are too angry to call it flirting?"

"You are too sweet to her!"

I pouted.

"I was just being a gentleman."

He explained. I was burned inside on his reply.

"Really? Then what about you placing jacket on her shoulder the other day when you go for grocery?"

I was very fierce at the moment.

"First of all, I did not flirt with her. I was being a gentleman. I couldn't behave rudely to her. She is Dev's cousin and because of it, I respect her. She is a lady. And secondly I took her to grocery because you refused. So I had to take care if she does not catch a cold because of that."