Chapter 24. More than friends

Chapter 24.

Xander grabbed my hand and moved out, dragging me along. I did not protest. I was being vulnerable at the moment. I was angry and burning inside.

He climbed down the stairs grabbing my wrist and when we reached to the last stair, I jolted my arm and moved towards the grassy garden instead of moving towards the car.

He came towards me, following me.

"Alicia... Sweety.. What's wro..."

I slapped him.

He looked at me with shock. He rubbed his check with his palm. I shot daggers from my eyes. He spoke in a protesting voice.

"I know you are angry but this is not right. You hit me without a reason."

I slapped him again and pushed him with my hands on his chest but he grabbed me by my waist, looking too damn serious at me.

"What's wrong? Tell me before I do something you will regret making me do..."

He threatened me.

"Do it. I don't care and I want to go back. I am not staying here anymore."

Tears started to form in my eyes. I was continuously struggling to get out of his grip. It was strong beyond my power. I started to punch him with my fist on his arms and chest.

"What is this? You're hitting me but crying yourself?"

He asked lovingly. There was no expressions of him being annoyed or angry. He should be angry or at least disappointed by now.

"Why do you care. We are no one after all."

"What does that mean?"

His grip loosen a bit. I get away from him.

"You wanted to know why I was angry?"

He did not responded, just stare at me silently.

"Because you were being too friendly with her. I felt myself very tiny and valueless. I asked you to be friends but you rejected."

I stopped to take a breath. Then continued..

"She can be your friend but I can't. You are taking care of her too much. She is not a kid but you are protecting her with your life. You don't even want me to be friends. I don't even exist in your world. Not even as a friend."

I said every word I felt, that was the reason for getting mad at him. He said nothing, just stood there, silently, searching something on my face.

I felt heart broken. I tried the last thing for the last time, placing my ego aside. This was not like me. But my heart was getting hungry for his attention.

"Can't we even be friends?"

I know I shouldn't have asked what I can't handle. He can be friend with me, and if we become friends, I have to see every moment of him and Mia flirting together and I would lose the right to be mad at him. But I want him near me, giving me attention, taking care of me.

"I told you before, we cannot be friends".

He said slowly, after few moments.

"Why?"

I grabbed his shirt from neck and curled up my palms. A tear involuntarily drop from my eye.
He cupped my hands at his shirt.

"Don't you already know?" He said slowly.

"No. I don't know. You tell me!"

I said firmly. He looked at me for few moments before speaking.