Chapter 40. Confession

Chapter 40.

The team of doctors rushed to his room. They prepared some shock and gave him to wake him up.

I was feeling like the breathing got stuck somewhere in my lungs. I was unable to inhale or exhale.

I can't control myself anymore. I run towards the glass window of his room and I peeked through the empty space between the curtains. They probably forgotten to cover that side.

They were pressing some pads on his chest which was already wrapped in bandage, with a shock.

*Shock*

He jolted upward slightly then again fall on the bed motionless.

*Shock*

Another jolt and same happened again.

I don't know what got into me but I couldn't control anymore. I was feeling like I was loosing him.

I parted my lips and plant a kiss on his forehead through that glass window.

"I love you please! Come back for me!"

I heard my lips whispering those words to me.

Doctors started to shook their head in disbelief.

No, no no! They can't give up just yet. He needs to wake up.

"Wake up Xander!"

I don't know why but I felt a ray of hope when I said those words.

One of the doctor turned back to try one more time. They prepared for the shock and ....

*shock*

His pulse started to run again. The straight line on the monitor was now wavy and slowly it was emerging like a normal heartbeat.

He came back. He listened to my heart!  I leaned down with the wall. I cried my heart out until someone came and hold me up.

"He is fine now!"

She was Aani looked like she also cried a lot.

Bolvina was hugging her Dad and Mike was in Dev's arms.

Now I get it, he do make everyone worried about him.

Doctors told that they need another day for him to be under observation so we will meet him tomorrow.

...

Everyone was waiting to meet him to see him, to feel him alive again. Doctor said we could go one by one.

Everyone go inside, and finally it was me.

I moved slowly, trying not to cry. My heart was trembling slightly. He was wearing oxygen mask still. I moved my hand to hold his in mine. His hands feel cold to me.

I kissed his forehead and a tear fell on his cheek. I touched his cheek to wipe the tear away. He did make me worried to the hell.

I slightly opened my eyes after wiping away my tears from my eyes and tried to speak those words I was waiting to say for so long.

"I'm sorry!"

No these were not the words. What are you doing? Say those words you wanted to say. My heart was continuously pushing me but I guess the confession was not that easy.

"I am really sorry for hurting you. For treating you like that. You are my saviour. You are my friend. No, you are more than a friend. I wanted you to know that....... I love you... More than you think.. Please don't leave me again or make me worry any more. You said you will protect me. I want you to be there to protect me. Always. Even when I hate you, when I through tantrums, when I argue when I don't admit that I ...... love you, but I do..I can't help it to fall for you. You melt my heart. I was just protecting my heart but I don't want to do it now. I know its more protected when its with you...  !"