Chapter 18. Naughty Xander

Chapter 18.

I went down after dressing up properly to go to university. I had a test paper today.

I finished my breakfast and taking my last bite.

"Where is Xander? He won't go with you today?"

Aani asked poring juice for me in a glass.

"I don't know! I thought he has a class in morning."

"He did not came down today, what's up with him? Do you know?"

Aani seemed worried like a mother.

"I don't know. He might be busy with something. He did not talk to me much."

I tried to divert her attention.

"He looked pale nowadays. He was studying too hard lately. I feel worried for him. It is okay to study but not to the extent that you forget about your health."

Aani sit beside me on the table.

"Yes! I also told him to have some rest."

I was thinking last night in my mind.

"I am glad that you two get along well now. He is a caring child. He might not show but he is very sensitive. You have changed your behaviour with him, being more nicer. I like that."

Aani said with a genuine smile on her face.

"We did not get along. We just made a deal."

I slipped my tongue.

"What deal?"

Aani look in to suspicion.

"I mean we made a deal to be friends, so that no one would have to worry about us."

Thank God, I managed it on time.

"That's good. Okay! Now that you are friends, ask him to take care of his health too. He is getting weak. What about you two go for some outing? He will feel fresh with that."

I dropped my hands on my lap, look at her strangely.

"Are you only worried about him? Don't you see I study hard too?"

I fake annoyance.

"Oh my dear, I did not mean that. You are my favourite child. But he is my special child."

"Aani, this is discrimination." I almost shouted.

"Sweetie! Dear what happened? Why are you being over sensitive dear? It never happed to you before?"

Aani seemed worried and stranger at the same time.

"I feel like you will ditch me one day because of him."

I can't believe my own words.

"Sweetie! Dear this will never happen, why did you think like that? Did some one say something to you?"

Aani placed her hand on my back, patting it to comfort me.

"No one said. But I can see, you gave him much more importance than your own biological kids. I am not even you biological daughter, so it is natural for you to side me because of him."

I regret saying that. Aani's eyes fillies with unknown tears and worry. She looked at me silently.

I noticed someone's presences as I move my head to my side.

Snap*

It was him again!

Not again please!