Chapter 49. Romantic push and pull

Chapter 49.

He silently slide away the window of my room and entered slowly without making a sound. He was very skilled in this. He took a look at me because I was sleeping peacefully.

I felt a tickling sensations on my ears. Something was brushing like a feather but when I touch them to brush away, nothing was there.

When it happened for the fifth time, I opened my eyes to see the source of irritation and my eyes caught a smiling Xander near me.

"Oh Sweetie.!"

He smiled at me, almost grinning, looking at me with loveable eyes.

"What are you doing here?"

His hands were carrying a beautiful rose. Red rose. He was tickling my ear with its petals.

"You ain't came back to our room so I decided to shift with you here."

He just get inside the duvet from the side he was sitting on my head side and I have to had moved away from my place to give him space.

Although this movement was totally unintentional but I involuntarily moved from his side, giving him half space on my bed because he kept moving towards me and I kept going away from him.

"Thank you. Such a sweet wife!"

He blinked both his eyes cutely trying to compliment me on my generosity. I tolerated the whole situation with great patience.

"Won't you say something?"

He asked looking at me, in my duvet, with a smile dancing on his lips, naughtily.

"Should I say it with words? Don't you get it already?"

"What?"

He look at me like a dumbfounded person, pretending like nothing has happened between us in the morning.

"Xander! I don't want to talk to you. I wanted to go away from you. You were deceiving me the whole time. I thought you were completely done with your night tours when you said you would be faithful to me and won't do anything without my knowledge. Rather when I caught you red handed you lied to me. How can I believe you now? I don't trust you anymore."

He looked at me trying to hide his mischievous smile, with biting his lower lip. I was angry but now his action just added fuel to my already deadly anger.

He leaned in to kiss me but I pushed him away. He was taken a back for a moment but he concealed it quickly.

"I am sorry. It was Dev I swear. I was with him. I didn't do anything to deceive you or to break you trust on me."

"You already did. And I gave you chance to explain yourself but you chose to lie and remain silent in that matter so now your chance is gone. You should also go now. I am not coming with you. I will shift my things in the morning."

I said to him with sadly disappointed tone and turned my face away from him in opposite direction.

But before turning away, I saw those eye, in that dim light. His sparkling eyes turn into dark one. His smiling lips turned into thin line. His face was drenched with fear of unknown. All in one moment.

I turned away but I felt two arms sneak around my waist and a chin on my shoulder.

"I am sorry Alicia! I did not do it on purpose. It was urgent and I did not wanted to disturb your sleep."

"You are not convincible at all."

I poked my elbow in his stomach and he groaned a bit moving a bit away from me.