Chapter 45. Answers II

Chapter 45.

"This?"

He laughed slightly.

"One day, when I was doing my home work. Lucus came home quite late at night. He was a bit drunk and he was smelling with cigarettes.
Uncle asked him where was he and he was lying. Uncle already felt he was drunk so he did a bit of slaps and ear pulling with his son to make him into human.

And that made him furious. He was already drunk a bit and his pocket showed the cigarette packet. Uncle took it out and take it with him.

He lied that it was mine. I shouted that it was not mine. I was 14 at that time and kids do smoke sometimes. I was afraid if he would believe him.

He stayed away for few days but when one day no one was home, he took a whole new pack of cigarettes and took me inside his room's bathroom. There, he tied my hands again and legs as well. He removed my shirt. He pushed me to a corner and then he started to light cigarettes one by one.

He lighted the cigarette and suck it once. Then he looked at me with an evil grin and then, he rubbed that lighted cigarette on my chest. He did it until he finished his all pack."

"How did you meet Dev and when?"

"Hmm.. Dev and I met for the first time in boarding school. I weep everyday saying I need to go to my mom. But my uncle was persistent that I need to be in boarding. My father was sending money and he was using it well. He wanted me to stay away from home. Luckily I found Dev there.

I cry everyday until one day, a kid came and when he saw me crying he literally hugged me."

Xander smiled. He smiled after long long time.

"He hugged me and asked why am I crying. I said I wanted to go home. He said, don't go home otherwise they will tell you to do homework as well and I believed him!"

He chuckled. I chuckled too.

"Little did I knew that its the same homework we do in boarding. I actually believed him and then he tell a new story everyday. One day he said that I am his brother. His parents go to hospital to ask for a brother for him and they told him that his brother is in boarding. Then he agreed to came to boarding.

I asked him how did he believed that he said he was a kid and always wanted a brother. When his parents wanted him to get there he was crying non stop so they lie to him saying that his brother is in boarding. He stopped crying and when he saw me crying he thought that I was the one he was looking for as his brother. So he hugged me thinking I am his brother. He was too protective of me. We did many things together. One day when our warden found out we were roaming around in the lobby at night, warden punished us with four sticks. He was the first one to get four on thighs. Then it was my turn and he actually was crying from the pain, he put his leg out saying he will take the beating for me. He even bit the warden when he hit me. For that he get double punishment."

I was laughing...he was too! What a strange character he is.

"He is actually the one helped me surviving like this. Because I knew out there even if no one wants me, he will be there for me. When my mother died, I was took out from the boarding and send to a normal school, he irritated his parents too much that they agreed for him to study with me. Although he was only eight.

We knew each other since we were five. Three years in boarding and the rest of my life, he was in my school with me, in my class, in collage with me and in university now. I have a strong feeling that he would be crying more than anyone else on my wedding day. But he would be more than happy than anyone else as well!"