Hermit Treasure Hunt || Hermitgang

(Word count: 1639

Based on an episode from TTS/RTA, but you don't need to watch the episode to understand.

If you're wondering what the [|| Hermitgang] part is, it's a new miniseries involving all the Hermits and their chaotic events. Fun And Games and Hermit Road Trip are also part of it.

Anyway, this was a fun one to write. Enjoy!)

"Mumbo...what is this?"

The mustached man and Iskall had gathered all the Hermits together in Hermitland and were now standing in front of a new game: NFD.

"We have a challenge for you all!" Iskall said. "A treasure hunt!"

Grian perked up from where he was standing. "What for?"

"Welcome to NFD—Nuggets For Diamonds!" Mumbo said, throwing his hands up in a grand gesture.

The rest of the Hermits waited for something dramatic to happen.

"Iskall, that was your cue to fire the fireworks!" Mumbo said.

"I didn't know!" The Swede said.

"We practiced this!"

"Can someone please explain the giant Redstone machine you guys have built next to NFD?" Impulse asked the arguing duo.

There was a very complex-looking Redstone contraption next to the game, built on iron blocks.

"Oh, this!" Mumbo said, looking at it. "This is the Super Professional Overly Omega Network, or SPOON, to be exact. I did not have the privilege of changing the name."

Iskall raised his hand. "I came up with the name."

"Anyway," Mumbo countered. "NFD is free diamonds. We've hidden golden nuggets all over the world, and you and a partner—chosen by SPOON—will have to work together to find as many nuggets as you can. The more nuggets, the more diamonds."

"I like diamonds."

"You have too many."

Mumbo flicked the lever on the machine. Observers fired, pistons extended, and a flashing line of Redstone repeaters had a dramatic leadup to...two droppers, which then simply spat out two papers.

Impulse blinked. "You couldn't have done that in a simpler way?"

"It's more fun this way," Iskall shrugged. He picked up the papers and read them.

"Our first pair will be...Grian and Ren."

Ren high-fived the builder. "We're gonna win this."

The machine worked it's overly complicated machinery again. This time, Mumbo picked up the papers. "Bdubs and Doc!"

"Oh, man," Bdubs grinned. "This'll be a piece of cake. We probably don't even have to do anything and we can still win."

Mumbo started to open his mouth, then quickly shut it.

After a long time (which all the Hermits blamed on the long Redstone repeater line), all the pairs were finally paired up.

TFC and Tango.

Zedaph and Cleo.

Stress and Impulse.

Jevin and False.

Xisuma and Cub.

Scar and Jellie--oh, and Keralis.

Python and Wels.