#TeamTrees

(Word count: 789

Inspired by the latest events for #TeamTrees! Also a comment I found on one of Iskall's videos for a Sahara promo: for each diamond Sahara receives they plant a tree sapling.

This kinda depleted into another "Mumbo loses brain cells as Grian is the hyper child", but I forgot Iskall's Sveedish laugh.)
"Oh, man, Sahara is raking in the diamonds! We've finally broken even, boys!"

Grian slapped a hand on Sahara's 1,100 diamonds they had gotten from the Sahara Now memberships. "Look at this! Man, what are we even going to do with these?"

Iskall pulled out a long list of ideas. "I've been waiting for this day. This list has been here since the day we opened Sahara."

The list covered the entire table.

Grian cleared his throat. "Okay, fine, it may have taken us quite a bit to break even, but now we have ideas!"

"Too many ideas," Mumbo muttered.

Iskall scanned the list. "Sahara recharging stations, Sahara sponsorships, Sahara overtakes ConCorp..."

Grian sighed. "Iskall, you're never going to get anything done that way. Here." He put his finger on the first item he saw. "This one."

Mumbo looked over Grian's shoulder to read it. "You put it in between two items."

"Oh, shut up," Grian shifted his finger. "There. Happy?"

Iskall read the minuscule handwriting. "For every diamond, Sahara plants one tree sapling." He looked at the other Architects. "Sound good?"

Grian shrugged. "Iskall, that's a lot of saplings. Who has that many?"

Mumbo silently raised a hand.

Grian blinked, then turned away. "Okay. So, are we using the diamonds we got for Sahara Now, or...?"

"Well, we could use the sales at regular Sahara," Mumbo suggested. "Or we can plant...one thousand one hundred trees."

"I'm thinking we split it," Iskall said. "Maybe use the diamonds for sales, promote regular Sahara more."

"What about the 1,100 diamonds?" Mumbo asked.

Grian grinned. "I have an idea."

And so, the giant diamond case outside of Sahara was born, and Hermitcraft was about to get a whole lot more trees.

Mumbo lugged multiple shulker boxes the next day. "I found these at my tree farm."

Grian opened one. "Holy cow. We don't have enough diamonds for this..."

Iskall started immediately. They were in Hermitland, which was completely devoid of trees. Grian wanted to spell something out using the treetops—#Shop@Sahara—but Mumbo and Iskall immediately vetoed it. Iskall dug a hole in the ground with his spade, then planted the first tree. "One down." He looked at the pile of saplings. "A whole lot more to go."

The Architects started their work.

Pretty soon, Grian got tired of the repeated pattern and started thinking of ways that were more fun to do this.

Then he remembered the baby RV in the Hippie camp. "I have an idea."

"No," Mumbo said immediately.

"Hear me out! It's a good idea. We take the baby RV in Hippieland—"

"No," Iskall interrupted.

"—Then we bonemeal everything using it! It's the perfect plan!"

"I'll stick to this repeated task," Mumbo said.

"You guys are a bunch of spoilsports." Grian pouted. "Fine, I'll do it myself."

Iskall and Mumbo watched the builder run off, but in the complete opposite way of Hippieland. "We probably made the wrong decision."

—————

"Behold!" Grian said, hours later. "The magic tree-growing contraption-thingy!"

"Treeinator?" Mumbo asked under his breath.

The machine was a mess so big, the other two Architects were sure that Grian did it on purpose. There was exposed Redstone on dirt, mistimed repeaters, and random observers all over the place. Grian brought out a lever and placed it down.

"Grian, are you sure this is a good idea—" Iskall started to say, then was interrupted by Grian flicking the lever.

"This will make our job much easier," Grian said, but halted at the telltale sound of TNT lighting up. "Uh...oh..."

Mumbo and Iskall ducked for cover. "We should have stayed to digging holes and planting trees!" Mumbo yelled.

"We definitely planted more than what Sahara regular has earned!" Iskall countered. "Maybe Grian's machine is helping us?"

"I highly doubt it!" Grian yelled from his hiding spot. The trio heard an explosion, then looked up to see the damage.

"...That's it?"

Apparently, the TNT had only blown up the so-called "Treeinator". "Grian, please tell me that was on purpose."

Grian burst out into laughter. "This task was getting boring! I had to make it fun."

Mumbo's eye twitched a bit. "You spent hours on a machine that just blew itself up."

"And you spent two days building a machine that just broke a button in multiple ways." Grian argued.

"Well...we got the task done. With excessive trees." Iskall said, looking at the mess of saplings he and Mumbo had spent hours on while Grian built his own version of a useless machine.

"Okay, great, we're done." Grian started to run off. "Time to blow up more things."

"Not without me!" Iskall ran after him.

Mumbo sighed. "Am I the only responsible one around here?"