~12~

Anika went towards the receptionist.

R- What can I help you, ma'am?

A- Mmm.. Actually I want gynaecologist's appointment urgently.

R- Sure ma'am. Let me check the schedule.

The receptionist started checking her computer for appointment.

R- Ma'am, you can meet her after 15 minutes. Right now, she's busy with a patient. Please fill this form with your details.

Anika nodded her head and took the form from her.

A- Thanks.

Anika sat on the chair in the waiting room and started filling the form.

Anika was waiting for her turn. She was getting anxious and nervous as this step might affect her life but she already made her decision when she took Pari in her arms for the first time. She was lost in her thoughts when Receptionist called her out.

R- Ma'am, you can go inside. Dr. Shetty is waiting for you.

Anika nodded and entered the cabin of Dr. Shetty. She saw a lady in her late 30s is sitting on her chair, going through some files.

A- Hello Doctor.

D- Miss Anika, right?

Anika nodded her head.

D- Hello. Have a seat?

Anika smiled and sat on the chair in front of the doctor.

D- So what can I do for you?

Anika was firstly hesitant. The doctor noticed this.

D- Just relax. No need to stress yourself. Have this water, then you can tell me your problem.

Anika gulped the water in one go and sighed.

A- I've a daughter and yesterday I got to know that she's allergic to cow's milk and doctor suggested me to either give her mother's milk or formula milk but I'm not sure about formula milk, if it's healthy for her or not. You are getting it, right?

Anika told the doctor nervously. The doctor nodded her head in understanding.

D- Then, you can feed her, there's no problem in that.

A- ummm.. Act.. Actually she's my adopted daughter and I want to feed her.

D- Oh! Ok, I get it. You want to induced lactation.

Anika nodded her head.

D- Are you sure about this? Because it's a very important decision for your life. You are just 23 years old and the responsibility of baby is very huge. I hope you understand that.

A- Yes doctor. I'm firm on my decision. I want this.

D- Ok then. I'll have to do some check up of yours, then I'll prescribe you some medicines and activities.

Anika nodded her head. The doctor took Anika and did her check up.

D- Everything's fine, Miss Anika. I'm prescribing you some medicines and you can have it till the end of this month.

Anika nodded her head. She was about to leave when the doctor stopped her.

D- Miss Anika, your efforts are really appreciated. I mean you adopted a baby at this young age and took her responsibility like your own baby when some real parents fail to take the responsibility of their own baby.