~25~

It was early morning when Anika woke up from her sleep. She was feeling much relaxed than last night. She immediately stood up from the bed and ran towards Pari's cot as it was Pari's time to feed.

As soon as she reached the empty cot, she realised that Pari was not with her and her eyes filled with tears. She looked around the room and didn't find Shivaay as well so she moved to the Living room and saw Shivaay sleeping on the couch uncomfortablly. She then noticed the notepad and laptop on the table. She picked it up and some points for custody were written on it. She noticed some dried tear marks near Shivaay's eyes. She knew that Shivaay was missing Pari equally as hers but he didn't show it to her.

She gently caressed his head and went back to her bedroom. After few moments, she brought a blanket from her bedroom and walked towards the couch. She carefully made him lye down on the couch with a pillow below his head and covered him with the blanket.

Suddenly her phone started ringing and it was Gauri's call. She immediately answered the call in order to not to wake him up.

G- Hey Ani. Where were you? I was calling you since yesterday but you didn't answer a single call. And where is my munchkin? I haven't seen her face since yesterday. I'm putting you on a video call. Show me my munchkin. I want my day to be very good today.

Suddenly a sob escaped Anika's mouth and Gauri got worried.

A- What happened, Ani? Why are you crying? Is everything alright? Is Pari and Shivaay fine?

A- She's not here. They took her with them.

G- What are you saying, Ani? Who took her? Okay. Wait. I'm coming at your place. Just calm down.

A- Hmm.

Anika disconnected the call. After 25 minutes, the door bell rang.

Anika immediately unlocked the door and saw OmRiRu standing at the door with worried expression. Shivay also woke up with the sound of doorbell and came towards the main door.

O- What happened, guys? Where is Pari? Who took them?

Anika hugged Gauri and started crying. Gauri caressed her back and asked her to calm down.

Gauri took Anika inside the house and made her sit on the couch and she herself sat beside her while OmRu were standing beside Shivaay whose eyes were red and swollen due to crying.

R- But what has happened?

S- Yesterday, two child welfare officers came here with a man. They said that Man was Pari's uncle and he doesn't accept this adoption and he wants Pari back. The officers were about to give Pari to him but we filed the custody case for Pari's custody. But still they took Pari and have kept her in the child welfare building as they believe that the child is not safe with either parties till the case is finalized.

O- Oh God! You should've atleast informed us. We would have came here yesterday only.

R- Yes. Om is right.

S- I didn't wanted to trouble you guys.

O- Trouble? Seriously, Shivaay? If we would have been in trouble then didn't you come to support us?

S- Of Course, I would.

R- Then why can't be with you in your difficult times.

Gauri was calming down Anika who was sobbing a little. Shivaay went snd sat beside Anika and held her hands in his. Anika looked at him with teary eyes.