~23~

Shivaay and Anika were playing with Pari. Pari was lying down on her stomach and she was trying to sit up on her knees and hands to crawl on the floor. Shivika were encouraging her.

Suddenly the doorbell rang.

S- Wait. I'll go and check.

As soon as he opened the door, he was stunned to see a man and a woman dressed in business suits and a man in ordinary shirt and trousers, standing beside them.

S- Yes. How can I help you?

M- Are you Shivaay Singh Oberoi?

Shivaay nodded his head.

S- Yeah. I am Shivaay. What can I help you?

M- Hello, I'm Arvind Chinoy and she is Mreenal Reddy. We're child welfare officers. Can we come in?

Shivaay realised that they were still standing at the door.

S- Oh! Yeah sorry. Please come in.

They entered the house and Shivaay asked them to settle down on the couch in the living room.

Ar- We heard that you and Ms. Anika has adopted a baby girl few months ago.

On the mention of Pari, Shivaay's palms started sweating. He was getting a very bad feeling about this, especially after looking at that ordinary man who was giving him a cunning smile all the while.

S- Yeah.

Ar- Hmm. So this is Mr. Rohit Mathur, uncle of the baby you've adopted and he has claimed that he never gave up the baby for the adoption after his sister's death, i.e. Baby's mother. So being the immediate relative, he has claimed this adoption illegal and if he doesn't get the baby, he can claim it as kidnapping.

Shivaay was totally shocked.

S- What do you mean by illegal? We've completed all the formalities of the adoption. Pari is our baby. You can't just barge in our house with a fake or whatever relative and claim our baby as his.

M- Look, Mr. Oberoi. We understand that you're emotionally attached to the baby but this is legal action. We did a whole background check of Mr. Mathur and it proves that he's related to the baby. We've to take the baby with us.

Suddenly they heard a crashing sound of the vase and there stood Anika with teary eyes and Pari in her arms.

A- You can't do this. This is our baby. You can't take her.

Tears were continuously making their way through her eyes.

M- Look Ms. Anika, this is necessary. If you want the baby back, then you can file the custody case.

S- Yes. We will definitely file the custody case. This is totally wrong. Let me call my lawyer.

Shivaay immediately called the lawyer and in few minutes, the lawyer came there and Shivaay told him everything.

L- Okay, Mr. Oberoi. So you and Ms. Anika have to sign some documents related to the custody case.

R- What's wrong with you all? I'm here to take my niece with me. Then why are you making it complicated for me? Just give me the baby and finish it. Anyways, she was only adopted by you both. It's not that you're her real parents.

Shivaay and Anika angrily looked at Rohit.

A- SHE'S MY DAUGHTER. MINE AND SHIVAAY'S. YOU'RE NO ONE TO HER AND I WON'T LET YOU TAKE HER WITH YOU. I'M HER MOTHER AND SHIVAAY IS HER FATHER. GET THAT.