~17~

Anika was still unconscious and Shivaay waa pacing around the room with Pari in his arms. After sometime, he noticed that Pari has already slept, so he silently went to the other side of the bed and made Pari lye down beside Anika.

In sleep, Pari unknowingly wrapped her tiny fist around Anika's index finger. Shivaay smiled to see that and kissed Pari's forehead.

At the same time, the doorbell rang. Shivaay immediately went to the main door and unlocked it. He saw an old lady in saree and white coat with a briefcase in her hand. He assumed her to be doctor.

S- Hello doctor, please come in.

D- Hello, I'm Dr. Rosy Daruwala.

S(thinks) - Profession doctor and surname Daruwala. Wow!

D- Where's the patient?

S- In the bedroom. Come.

Shivaay walked to the bedroom and the doctor followed him.

Shivaay pointed towards Anika and doctor sat beside her. She checked her pulse and then heaetbeat, blood pressure, fever.

D- What had happened to her?

S- I don't know but when I returned home, she was fainted on the floor.

D-Hmm.

The doctor examined Anika and then her eyes fell on Pari.

D- Is she your daughter?

Shivaay nodded his head.

D- Does your wife feed her?

Shivaay was shocked for a moment when she referred Anika as his wife but he nodded his head.

D- Oh God! These youngsters, when you don't know how to take care of yourself then how can you take care of the baby. Why were you in so much hurry to plan a baby? It's totally insane.

S- But doctor, what has happened to her?

D- She's down with fever and weakness because of feeding the baby and not taking proper nutrition. When you feed a baby, your part of nutrients are transferred to the baby and when you don't take proper diet, it will cause weakness. So take care of her. I've written some medicines, give them to her on time and feed her proper meal. For fever, keep wet cloth on her forehead to bring down her temperature.

Shivaay nodded his head and the doctor left.

Shivaay closed the main door and immediately rushed towards the kitchen. He filled a bowl with cold water and took a cloth and rushed inside.

He sat beside Anika and started putting the wet cloth on her forehead. He was continuously changing the wet cloth on her forehead and checking her temperature. Luckily, her temperature went down after an hour.

It was midnight, Shivaay was feeling sleepy suddenly he heard Pari crying. He immediately rushed towards her and picked her up in his arms.

S- What happened, my baby?

Shivaay tried to make her calm down but she was continuously crying. Anika slowly opened her eyes and looked at them with tired eyes.

A(meekly) - Pari.

Shivaay looked at Anika and rushed towards her.

S- Nutsy, are you fine?

Anika slowly nodded her head.