~26~

J- Let the hearing begin.

Shivika's lawyer, Mr. Kothari stood up.

SL- My Lord, My Client Mr. Shivaay Singh Oberoi and Ms. Anika adopted a baby girl named Pari 2 months ago.

Rohit's lawyer, Mr. Dixit stood up with a smirk and said-

RL- Really Mr. Kothari. You're potraying like this adoption was done willingly. My Lord, Mr. Shivaay and Ms. Anika went to a fair and the orphanage conducts a silly competition every year and the winner is awarded with a baby. So Mr. Shivaay and Ms. Anika participated in that game by mistake and fortunately or unfortunately they won that game so the Orphanage awarded them with Pari.

SL- Objection My Lord.

J- Objection overruled. Continue Mr. Dixit.

Rohit's lawyer smirked and continued.

RL- As I was saying My Lord, the adoption was done unwillingly and Mr. Shivaay and Ms. Anika are mere college students and the responsibility of a baby is huge. I don't think they can handle a baby in this age. So it will be better that the custody of the baby should be given to Mr. Rohit, Pari's Maternal Uncle and Nidhi, his wife.

Rohit and Nidhi looked at Shivika and smirked. Shivaay and Anika looked at each worriedly.

J- Do you want to say anything, Mr. Kothari?

SL- Yes My Lord. I agree that Mr. Oberoi and Ms. Anika are students and this adoption was by mistake but not unwillingly. Mr. Oberoi and Ms. Anika have tried their best to raise Pari in the best way possible. They really love her and even Pari loves them back. They have completed every duty of a good parent.

S- Yes your honour. We love Pari more than anything.

The judge nodded her head.

R- But we also want our niece. She's the last sign of my sister and I can't let her grow up in a adoptive house where no one is blood related to her.

Rohit said fake crying and Anika clutched Shivaay's hands tightly. Shivaay also held her hand to calm her down.

SL- My Lord. If you allow me I want to reveal something very important to this case.

The Judge nodded her head.

SL- Me Lord. According to my sources, I've got to know that Pari has inherited about 100 crores in her father's will as her father was the zamindar of the village and died a year ago. His wife also died while giving birth to Pari so now the whole property is in Pari's name and according to my source, Mr. Rohit got to know about this thing few days ago and he started his search for Pari and he finally found her. On top of that, Mr. Rohit broke all his relations with his sister as she didnlove marriage. I think Mr. Rohit isn't concerned about Pari but her property. That's all My Lord.

The judge wrote something and thought for sometime.

J- Okay, after listening to all the proofs, I want to talk to Mr. Rohit, Mrs. Nidhi and Mr. Shivaay, Ms. Anika separately. Because I can't decide anything without listening to their part. The decision will be given in half an hour.

Everyone nodded their head and waited outside Judge's room.

Rohit and Nidhi were called inside and after 10 minutes they came out of the office with a smirk.

Suddenly Pari started crying and Anika took her in her arms and at the same time, the judge called them.

Shivaay started walking towards the room and Anika followed him with Pari in her arms.