16 - Because we're in this together

"Alright the remaining contestants is still going strong. Let's go on to the next question." The emcee said and all of them read the next question. I look at the Jungkook and he too look at me.

"I kept seeing Jungkook looking at our direction.. I wonder why."

"Yuna, you're just seeing things."

"You're right. I should stop trying to solve the math equation. Its making my head hurts." Yuna said. They head on to the next question and more people got eliminated. By now it was already the 3rd round. Bangtan and 2 other guys were standing strong.

"Oh no, Jin, Taehyung and Hoseok you're out." They put down their whiteboard as they walk to the backstage. They answered the question wrongly which resulted in them getting eliminated. They walk to us and we waved at them. Taehyung was pouting like a kid as he was upset.

Hana was already trying to comfort him so i had to move one seat to let Taehyung sit beside her.

"How was it?" I asked and Jin just shook his head.

"It was okay. I didn't expect to get this far. Right Hoseok?"

"Yeah Jin and i, we were like hey let's just go with it. The others will win for us." I nod my head as i gave them a thumbs up.

"You guys have a great attitude." I said and they just laugh as they thanked me for complimenting. The competition continue and now its the fourth round. Jimin and Yoongi got eliminated. Yoongi got one number wrong and Jimin got the right working but wrong answer.

They sat beside Hoseok but Yoongi sat beside Yuna.

"How was it Jimin?" I asked and Jimin smile in satisfaction.

"It was nice. Atleast both Yoongi and i won the 3rd place. It was really confusing, i thought the answer was the other one." Jimin answered and the 3 of them starts to discuss further. My eyes was on Jungkook and Namjoon. I just hope the both of them can win the first place.

Now its the fifth round and its the hardest round. Namjoon had already wrote his answers but i wish he would check his answer.

"This is the problem with Namjoon. Sometimes he get too confident and later realise he got a careless mistake." Jin said and i turn to Jin as i hold his hand.

"Lets wish Namjoon didn't make any of that careless mistake today."

"He did! Not once but twice. I had to correct him quietly." I palm my forehead.

"Oh no.. Namjoon and Jihoon second place."

"Told you." Jin said and i pout my lips.

Namjoon walked down as he waved at us. He laugh, feeling embarrassed at himself.

"You did well Namjoon!" I said and Namjoon nod his head.

"Thanks Haeun. The questions get harder each time and now for the special round." I heave out a sigh as i put my hands together. They were done with the last question and when both flash out the answer, both answers were the same. After a minute of discussion, they decided that Jungkook's working was the correct one.

"He cheated." The guy beside Jungkook said. I immediately stood up feeling the anger inside me boiled up.

"Do you have proof?" The emcee said as he took out a piece of paper from Jungkook's pocket.

"I saw this and he was looking through it." I clenched my fist as i walked to the stage feeling angry at how this jerk was blaming Jungkook just because he won.

"Ya Haeun, whats wrong with you." Yuna called me but i was too angry to stop.

"He didn't cheat." I said and everyone look at me.

"What proof do you have?"

"Because i know. You're the sore loser who thinks you can win by accusing him of cheating."

"Now woman, you got no proof you can't just come here thinking you can win." He said and i really want to slap that smirk off his face. I racked my brain for answers and i remembered how Hana had film them. I rushed to her as i took out her phone from her bag.

"Why are you-"

"I need you to unlock it. You took a video right?" Hana nod her head.

"You took a picture when they were backstage right? When the security was checking and all?" Hana nod her head as she had me her phone. I walk to the computer room as i told them to play it.

"You will see that Jungkook didn't cheat. The security did a check on them before he entered." The video started playing as the security told Jungkook to empty his pockets. Jungkook did and he even empty all his pockets. After the security enter with them, the guy came rushing in without the security checking him. I pause the video as i look at the jerk who blame Jungkook.

"The guards didn't check him. Jungkook couldn't bring the paper in but, as you can see from his pocket there is a white paper coming out. He knows that if he won they would do a check on him again and he doesn't want to get caught so he blame it on Jungkook." I play the next video where the last round between them starts and i zoom in only to see the guy putting the paper in Jungkook's empty pocket.

"This, guys is the power of technology. So what proof do i have? What proof do you have to still be standing there, mister cheater face." I fold my arms and everyone clapped for me. The judges seem satisfied and the guy, he didn't get any prize. He was kicked out for cheating. I walked back to my seat and all my friends stared at me.

"Now why are you helping Jungkook like that?" Yuna asked and i shrugged my shoulders.

"He doesn't deserve that after he tries so hard."

"You sound like you care." Hana said and i look away, smiling.

"Well.. i don't know." The emcee congratulate Jungkook for winning and he have to pick out the cards. He took one card and flip it over. He got a playstation set.

"I really wanted this. Thankyou so much!" Jungkook said and everyone clapped for him. His crazy fangirls started cheering loudly. Everyone walked up the stage to take their prizes. They even took a photo together to commemorate this event.

Everyone gather around as they start to congratulate Jungkook.

"Ya thank Haeun here. Without her you wouldn't win." Hana said and Jungkook nod his head.

"Thanks." He said and i just nod my head coldly.

"Is it just me or the both of you have changed? You both don't look like you hate each other." I froze. Did i get caught?

"We don't. I mean we don't have a reason to now. She helped me and i'm thankful for that." Jungkook said. Below the table, Jungkook was holding onto my hand tightly.