13 - Because i'm thankful

Our parents had arrived so we held hands as we stood by the door.

"Oh my daughter!" My mum said excitedly as she rushed to hug me.

"Oh honey you look so beautiful right Mrs Jeon?" My mum asked and Mrs Jeon nod her head.

"You look so beautiful. Ya Jeon Jungkook don't you know how to greet your parents."

"Hello mum and dad." Jungkook bowed to them but his tone of voice was the same as how he used to treat me. That cold and arrogant tone of voice.

"Haeun ah thankyou for enduring with this idiot here." I laughed as i walked over to Jungkook, clinging onto his arm.

"Mother, he is not an idiot. He took care of me well and always make sure i am okay." I said and Jungkook hold my hand tighter.

"Oh my dear. You are just too kind. Let's go now to the hotel for dinner." We followed behind as we took our car to the palm hotel. We end up arriving first since our parents have not yet arrived.

"Its book under Lee Hajun." I said as she checked the list of booking list. She walked ahead, leading us to our table. We both held hands while walking to the our seat. Jungkook a seat beside me as we saw our parents walking towards our table.

"You guys arrived so early. Youngsters these days." My mum said and i just laughed.

"Jungkook know some shortcuts. Its good to have a smart husband." I answered and everyone laughed.

"You're smart too, if you can deal with him." Mrs Jeon said.

Everyone took a seat and i sat beside Jungkook. His hand still holding mine tightly. I turned to him and Jungkook was busy talking to my dad. I was staring at him, how he was smiling at them. I never notice how he looks good smiling so brightly. I always see him as a grumpy ass jerk. I felt a nudge on my right arm as i turn my head and saw his mother looking me, as she was smiling in satisfaction.

"I see you really do love him. The way you stare at him." I just laugh, not knowing what to say.

"You guys were never close even when you both were kids. You hated him, he hated you. We always thought if its really a good idea to put the both of you together." His mother hold my hand as i look down, staring at our hands.

"We almost thought you both wouldn't last. We knew we had to risk it. If was your grandparents wish afterall."

"We are okay mother. We're doing fine now."

"I'm glad. I know that kid can be an ass sometimes but sometimes he cares. Its just the way he show it, its opposite of what we expected."

"I know mother. He can be hard to deal with but i am okay." I replied as she caressed my hand softly.

"You're a sweet and kind girl. Thankyou."

"Thankyou for the compliment mother." I smile as his mother pat my shoulder. I turn to Jungkook and he smiled at me.

I don't know why but that action just now, makes my heart skipped a beat. I smile at him, awkwardly as he started eating. I hold my fork and spoon and started eating too. Everyone was talking among themselves but both Jungkook and i, we were quiet.

"Here." He put a meat on my plate and i look at him weirdly.

"You love meat, why are you giving this to me?"

"You love it more than me. That portion that they gave you, i know its not enough." I rolled my eyes at how he knows me best.

"I hate fancy dining restaurant. Their portion is just so little but so expensive." I complained but of course i make sure its only between Jungkook and i.

"Well you love those ahjumma's restaurant selling spicy rice cake and jjajangmyeon." I nearly spit my drink out as i glared at him.

"The portion is 10 times better than this." I wiped my mouth as i push my plate infront. The waiter took it away and put another dish on the table. Again the portion is just too little for me. Its a 3 course meal but i am still so damn hungry.

Of course we were done with our meal and our parents stood up to settle the bills.

"I will settle the bills. You guys go home and rest." Jungkook offered and our parents smile happily. They were satisfied at what Jungkook said.

"This is an example of a good son in- law. Alright we will head home first." We bowed to them as we watch them left the place. Jungkook and i walk to the counter to pay. I was itching to take this heels off because my feet is suffering from the pain and blisters.

"Are you okay?" He asked and i shook my head.

"You're such a baby." He took his card and kept it in his wallet as he hold out his hand. I cling onto his arm as we walked out of the place. As soon as we left the hotel, i took off my heels as i hold it on my hand.

"Is it that painful?" Jungkook asked only earning a glare from me. He look down at my feet and saw how the sides were red. I walked barefoot along the streets and everyone stared at us.

"Sit here." Jungkook said as he drag me to a bench along the park. I sat there as i waited for him who ran off somewhere. I look around the park and couples sat together, clinging onto each other as they kissed.

"Sorry i'm late." I look at Jungkook as he kneeled down and took out a shoe that he bought. He put it on for me as i saw it was the shoe that i've always wanted.

"Oh this Fila shoes.. I really wanted it."

"I know, how does it feel now?" Jungkook asked as i stood up and start to jump around.

"It feels good!" I said excitedly as i kept turning around with my dress.

"You look cute with the dress and shoes." I blinked at his compliment as i look down at the dress and shoes.

"Really?"

"Yeap." Jungkook hold out his hand and i look down at it wondering if i should grab it.

I hold out my hand as i held his. At least we should try to see how far can our relationship go.

Then we can say, at least we try.