Chapter 1

I'm Ellison Jones. I'm 18 years old and about a year ago my friends, Bryanna, Lauren, Lex and I moved from New York in America to the city of Melbourne, Australia.  There was a mall that was only a few blocks away from our apartment so we decided to take a break from our long week and hang out at the mall, but of course, I take forever to get ready and Lex and Lauren already left.  "El! Come on! Lex and Lauren already left and we need to meet them! Hurry up!" Byranna yelled to me from the bottom of the stairs. "Coming!" I yelled while slipping on my converse.  I grabbed my sweatshirt and my iphone and ran down the stairs. Bryanna was waiting for me at the door. "Are you ready now?" she asked. "Yup! Let's go!" I said and we ran out the door.

Bryanna and I walked rather quickly and we got to the mall in about 10 minutes. "Where are they?" I asked her we went up the stairs and to the second floor of the mall. "They should be over here somewhere." Bryanna said pointing towards the food court. We saw the two of them sitting down at a table and I quickly ran over. "Hey guys! Sorry we're late." I said while sitting down with them. "You're always late." Lex said with a joking tone. I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Well sorry." I said. "Hey. Look over there." Lauren said pointing towards a boy, who looked about my age, dancing behind an older man but he obviously had no idea what was going on behind him. We all burst out into fits of laughter. The boy kept dancing and my stomach began to hurt from laughing so much. After a few more minutes he stopped and walked away. From what I was able to see, he looked really cute, but oh well. 

The girls and I walked around the mall for hours and our arms became tired from carrying around our thousand shopping bags, so we decided to head home. As we exited the mall, I noticed the same boy who was dancing before, now riding a penny board. I walked slowly and watched him. He noticed me and his bright green eyes locked with mine. He continued staring at me while he rode the board and wasn't paying attention to where he was going. I watched as he crashed into a tree and fell off his board and onto the ground. I winced and ran over to his body that was laying on the ground. "Oh my god! Are you ok?" I asked as I knelt down next to him. He looked up at me and smiled. "Yeah I'm fine." he said while sitting up. I smiled. "Are you sure?" I asked and helped him off the ground. "Yeah I'm sure." he said and smiled down at me. "I'm Beau by the way. Beau Brooks." "Nice to meet you. I'm Ellison. Ellison Jones." "That's a beautiful name. Almost as beautiful as you." I blushed and looked down at the ground.