Chapter 30

*Ellie's POV*

I gently laid Ellie down on her bed. I kissed her forehead softly before walking out of her room. She had already been through a lot tonight and I didn't want her to be even more upset by me staying there.

I walked down the stairs and was immediately questioned. Everyone asked questions all at once. "Everyone shut the fuck up!" I yelled. Everyone stopped talking. I sighed and sat on the couch. I took a deep breathe. "Ellie...was almost raped." I said slowly. Everyone gasped. "Is she ok?" Skip asked. I shrugged. "I really don't know. She didn't say anything on the way here and didn't say anything when I brought her upstairs. She was quietly crying when I left her." I looked down at the floor. I hated seeing her so broken down. "Maybe we should go talk to her?" Lauren said to Bryanna and Lex. They nodded and walked up stairs. I didn't move from my seat on the couch. "Beau, what happened?" Luke said sitting next to me Jai and Skip sat on the couch opposite me and Luke, waiting for me to tell. "Well, I needed to get out tonight so Jai and I went out a little earlier. I wanted to go to this strip club that we found but Jai couldn't do that to Lauren so I just went. I was trying to get my mind off of Ellie but while I there, I saw her. I thought it was just a look alike but it was her. She works at the club." I looked at the boys, whose eyes were wide. I took a deep breathe and continued. "She then left and I left too. As I was walking home, I saw it happen. She looked so scared. My first instinct was to protect her, so I tackled the guy to the ground. Then he ran away."  The boys were quiet for a few minutes before Skip broke the silence. "It's a good thing you were there other wise who knows what would happen." Skip said. I jumped from my seat. "I don't want to even think about what would have happened! I should be here for her! I should be here to keep her safe! She wouldn't have that job if it wasn't for the stupid mistake I made three years ago!" My voice became louder with every word I said. "Shhh. Beau your gonna wake-" Luke was cut off. "Unlce Jai? Unlce Luke?" I turned around to see her walking down the stairs. "Hey Belles." Luke said before picking her up. She rubbed her eyes and rested her head on Luke's shoulder. "Did we wake you up?" Jai asked, poking her stomach lightly, causing her to giggle. She nodded her head. "Hi Uncle Skip." she said with a small wave. "Hi Belle." Skip said back, with a nervous smile. Belle. This was Belle. This was daughter. The daughter who I haven't seen at all since she was born three years ago. My eyes filled with tears. Belle looked directly at me. "Who is this? and why does he look sad?" she asked, pointing to me. I tried to wipe my tears. "Hi  Belle. I'm Beau. It's very nice to meet you." I said trying to smile through my tears. "Hi!" Belle said with a cute little smile. "Come on, Belle. Let's bring you back to bed." Luke said and put Belle down on the floor and turned to walk up the stairs. "But I want to play with my new friend Beau!" she protested. "Maybe another day." Luke said. "Say goodnight to everyone." Luke said. Good night" Belle said, looking slightly disappointed. "Good night." we all said. Belle looked at me before coming over and giving me a huge hug. "Good night Beau."  she whispered. I began to cry harder. "Good night Belle." I whispered back. She separated from our hug and ran over to Luke. She took his hand and he brought her back to bed.

I fell to the ground and began cry even more. "She's so beautiful." I said out loud. "The biggest mistake I've ever made was not being with her for the first three years of her life." I stood from the ground and wiped my tears. "But I'm not gonna miss any more of it. I'm not gonna let that happen."