Chapter 16

*Ellie's POV*

It was now late at night and I was exhausted. I rested in the hospital bed. The girls had gone home and so did Skip but Luke and Jai decided to stay with me. Luke had gone down stairs to the cafeteria and get some food and Jai sat in a chair in the corner of the room. I began falling asleep when I heard Jai on the phone. I heard the door heavy hospital door open and when I looked I realized Jai had left the room."Beau are you fucking listening to me?!" I heard him say on the other side of the door. "Her name is Belle Elizabeth Brooks. She's gorgeous. Why are you so fucking stubborn?!" Jai's voice became louder. "You're a fucking dickhead. Why won't you come see your own daughter?!" There was silence for a while. "Ok whatever. You're a fucking coward." was he last thing before he hung up the phone and came back into the room. His faced was red and tears began to form in his eyes. He looked at me when he came back into the room and then looked at the ground. "You heard all of that, didn't you?" he asked me while sitting down. I nodded. Jai ran his fingers threw his hair. "He's so stubborn. I can't believe he won't see his own daughter." I didn't say anything. I just looked down at my face. There was a long pause. "He still loves you." Jai said. I looked up at him with hopeful eyes. "He really does El. The only reason why he's dating Aly is to try and take his mind off of you. When ever Luke or I would mention your name, he would look up with love in his eyes. He does love you and he always will." Jai's words made me think. If he did really love me then why did he leave me?

*Beau's POV*

It was late at night. Aly and I were laying on the couch watching a movie, when my phone rang. I looked over at Aly who had fallen asleep. I carefully stood from the couch and grabbed my phone. It was Jai. I picked it up and walked outside. "Hello?" I asked. Why was he calling so late? "I'm just letting you know that Ellie had the baby today." I didn't say anything. "Beau are you fucking listening to me?!" he yelled into the phone. "Yeah." I said back. "Her name is Belle Elizabeth Brooks. She's gorgeous. Why are you so fucking stubborn?! You're a fucking dickhead. Why won't you come see your own daughter?!" he said from the other line. "Jai, I'm 19. I can't be a fucking father." I said trying not to yell. "I'm sure she's beautiful but I'm only 19. I can't be a father. She needs a good dad and Ellie needs someone who can take care of both of them."I said calming down a little. "Ok whatever. You're a fucking coward." Jai said to me before hanging up the phone. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I took my phone and threw it as hard as I could. It landed hard somewhere on the ground but I couldn't see where. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Hot tears fell down my cheeks. I sat on the ground and cried. Jai was right. I was a coward.