Twenty-Six

Jaiden POV

Jared was on his honey moon in England with his new mate Jennifer. I bet they were having much more fun than I was, Camilla was driving me up the wall. She wanted this done then that done, honestly I didn't care about what our ceremony was like, I just cared that I was finally getting my mate. If she was in fact my mate.
The more and more I got to know her, the less and less I liked what I was getting to know. She was incredibly selfish, cruel and just plain rude.
I growled at my self, how dare I say such things about my mate. However, my wolf quietly grumbled, 'are you sure she really is your mate?'

That was the thing. I wasn't sure and as the end of the first week came to an end, I realized that I only had one week until I bound myself to someone, who potentially was not my mate.
It was giving me a head ache.

Not to mention we were in the middle of a war.

"Jaiden?" A small squeak escaped from behind me.

I turned to find Anna staring at the floor, embarrassed. I smiled, she had come to see me. Moving towards her u realized why she was blushing like crazy. I was in my pajamas, which only consisted of a pair of boxes. However I was so excited to see her I didn't really care.

The last time I had seen her was a couple of days ago, after the fiasco at Jarred's ceremony.

"Yes Anna, what is it you need?" I asked her gently, sitting down on my bed.

"I-umm.... I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Something?"

She nodded and looked around paranoid.
"Not here, okay? People will hear us."

I wanted to tell her that no one could here is in here that we were alone, but I saw the fear in her eyes and decided to do as she said.

Grabbing a grey cotton shirt I pulled it over my head and headed out of my room after Anna.

She walked through the walls for a little while before coming to a stop, turning back to me she whispered, "I wanted to tell you that there is a door..."

"A door?"

She rolled her eyes at me like I was stupid, "Yes, Jaiden, a door. Its how the rogues are getting into the estate and village undetected."

I raised my eyebrows at her, "Where is this 'door'?"

"It's on the seventh floor of the estate building, it leads into these tunnels that lead to all kinds of places, like the rogue camp, the village and into here."

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. I had looked at the plan of the estate for any sign of tunnels but there was nine. I had already checked.

"Anna, there is no tunnels."

She frowned, "Yes there is, ive been down them."

Of course she had, shed made this all up in her mind to get attention.

"Anna, I know that there is no tunnels, you must have.... imagined them."

Now Anna looked like she was going to burst into tears, "I'm telling you, the tunnels are REAL! So is the R&R! It is real I've seen it! Why won't you believe me?"

I sighed, why did she have to make this so difficult.

"ANNA! THERE IS NO........" My angry shout was cut off from a mind link from Ben.

'The rogues are inside the walls! I repeat! The rogues are inside the walls!"

My eyes widened in alarms I grabbed Anna pulling her to a place which I knew would be safe. However, Anna dug in her heals like a child through a tantrum.