Thirty

Anna POV

"Anna! Wait!" Jaiden cried, throwing Camilla aside and running after me.

i couldnt take it anymore. I let myself fall for him over and over again, making excuses for the way he acted and at the end of the day, my heart would break over and over again. I didnt want to do this anymore. I wanted Luc and only Luc.

"Leave me alone Jaiden."

"But Anna...." He whined.

"I said go away," I pushed at him, and continued to run away from him.

I didn't feel like going to my room anymore so i ran in the direction that i had come from and out side into my dancing garden.

Collapsing to my knees i clawed at my chest trying anything i could to make the pain go away, that was currently consuming my heart. i just wanted to stay heer and nevrer leave. Never go back to that world who despised me because of thing that i couldnt control. They hated me because i was sick, because i was different, i didnt want to be here any more.

I rolled onto my back and stared up into the waning moon. Tears continued to run down my face as I held my breath. I don't know why I did it, maybe I thought that if I stopped breathing I could just cease to exist, becoming nothing more than a distance memory.

In that moment that was my deepest, darkest wish.

"Don't think that Petal," Luc whispered as he approached me, laying down beside me.
"Don't you ever wish to stop breathing."

Luc reached over me, wiping the tears from my eyes, planting a kiss on my forehead.

"You are the most incredible women I have ever seen. You are a gift of uniqueness that should never be under valued. You are a masterpiece, painted by the most talented artist.

You don't need to cry over any man, you don't need to mourn the loss of a jerk such as Jaiden. You are so incredibly special in who you are and you should never be ashamed of that."

Luc laid back down and joined me in staring at the moon.

"Petal, you are a strong independent women and the light that fills my eyes. I love you. But I know that it isn't my love that makes you so special, nor is it Jaiden's love. You are perfect just the way you are."

Jaiden took my hand his and as my hand was swallowed by his strong, warm fingers, I turned to look at him.

"Do you really believe that?" I asked him, insecurity seeping into my words.

He smiled and tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear, "Of course, my beautiful petal."

I bit my lip and looked back at the moon.

"I think I love you Luc. Is that strange? I have a mate who I'm supposed to fawn over. That I'm supposed to adore. But I find that I feel more towards you than I ever did with Jaiden, even when I was mad at you. I feel safe and full of joy when I'm with you.
It just hurts to think that after all this you could just be some person that i made up in my head to make myself feel better. I mean, what if I really have fallen in love with someone who's not real?"

Before I could say anything more Luc rolled over almost ontop of me. He lent down and pressed his lips against mine in a gentle loving way. My heart skipped in my chest and my lungs refused to take another breath.

Luc stopped after a small while, and looked into my eyes.

"That felt real didn't it?"

I nodded, I think I was in shock.