𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷

𝙰𝚗 𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚞𝚖𝚗 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚗 𝚂𝚎𝚘𝚞𝚕

The water droplets fall like they simply cannot think of anything better to do.

There is a laziness about them, as if they can barely be bothered to conform to the will of gravity. 

The rain bore down mercilessly upon the heart of the city, pounding on the rooftops and turning the cobbled streets into a warren of slick stones and muddy waters and making the leaves droop under the weight of the droplets.

It was going to be a rainy week and no amount of pleading with the gods was going to change that.

Jin was walking home after a long day of work. He loved his job but it was too exhausting. He worked hours and hours and when he gets home he has to deal with his parents, mainly his father. Thinking about his father made Jin sigh in distress as he rubbed his temple.  

"I'm home!" Jin said as he opened the door.

"Welcome back, son! How was work?" his mother welcomed him back home.

"It was ok. I'm planning to quit this job and open my own restaurant," Jin said as he took off his coat and hung it on the hanger full off clothes.

"Why are you still talking? Go prepare dinner!"

Jin sighed as he heard his father's voice from the living room. He made his way to the kitchen and started preparing dinner for all of them.

"Dinner's ready!" He shouted in a tired and exhausted tone. They were eating dinner when his father decided to say something that almost made Jin choke on his food.

"Jin, you'll be marrying the Jeons' son."

"W-what?" Jin stuttered, still shocked.

"No objections, Jin," his father interrupted Jin before he could even say anything.

"But father you can't force me to marry
a stranger!" Jin remarked as he jumped up from his chair.

"Jin! Sit down! You have no rights to talk back to your father. You are going to do as I say!" Mr. Kim raised his voice.

"I hate you, father! I hate you!"

With that, Jin ran out of the house with tears streaming down his face.

"Jin! Get back here!" Mrs. Kim screamed as she tried to run after Jin, worried that something could happen to her only son.

"Let him be," her husband said as he grabbed her hand and signalled her to sit down at the table.

Jin was wandering down the isolated streets of Seoul.

"No, no .. please stop. Why are you forcing me to get involved with someone again?!" he mumbled to himself as he kept his head down and folded his arms, trying to warm himself up.

Jin stopped in his tracks and stared at the man in front of him, surprised.

"Hoseok?"  Jin finally spoke as he ran up to Hoseok, who was also taken aback, and hugged him tightly.

"Jin?!"  Hoseok also exclaimed astonished.

"I've missed you soo much!" Jin hugged Hoseok even tighter as he recalled happy memories.

"Why are you out here alone? I haven't seen you in so long," Hoseok said with a sad smile as he broke up the hug to look at his old best friend's face.

Hoseok noticed Jin's mood change suddenly.

"Did something happen, Jin?" he asked with a worried tone as he raised an eyebrow.

"Let's go somewhere else," Jin sighed as he grabbed Hoseok's surprisingly warm hand and pulled him into a near café.

They ordered their drinks and sat down at a table.

"Ahh, it's so nice to finally see you. You really matured!" Hoseok exclaimed as he grinned.

"Yeah, you look like the same old happy ball of sunshine. Always happy and always beautiful," Jin softly giggled and
Hoseok joined him soon after.

"Oh, so after all .. why were you walking like a distressed mistress all alone?" Hoseok asked him as he chuckled.

"Hoseok, I'm getting married," Jin said then sighed as he remembered what happened a few hours ago.

"Shouldn't you be happy?" Hoseok asked confused as he observed his sad face.

"I don't want to get married, Hobi. My father is forcing me to marry a complete stranger.. and he probably hates me too,"
Jin muttered as he sighed for the nth time today.

Hoseok caressed Jin's knuckles, trying to comfort him, "Jin, even if this may be an arranged marriage, please never forget that you could make anyone and anything fall in love with you. Forget the past. Don't let something like that control your life."

"Thank you, Hoseok. I'm really grateful fir having a friend like you," Jin looked at his old friend with glistening eyes.

"Here's my number. Feel free to call me anytime," Hoseok said as he took a pen and a small ripped paper out of his bag and handed the paper to Jin.

Hoseok looked at his watch, "It's my time to leave. We'll talk later."

He hugged Jin and went out of the café.

Jin was left alone in the café. He spaced out as his past memories came back to mind. He then looked at the vase with red roses and closed his eyes slowly.

 He then looked at the vase with red roses and closed his eyes slowly