Quarter Quell

"Everly get your butt in here now" Jess was sat on the sofa in the middle of her living room. Even though Jess was given a lot of money by Everly, she barely used it on herself. She spent most of her money on paying for the medicine that her fiance Josh needed.

The couple lived in a small house on the outskirts of district 5. It had two small bedrooms, two bathrooms a kitchen and a lounge. Every offered to buy them a bigger house but they refused saying that they didn't want anything that they didn't need.

Their lounge was obviously very small and was rectangular shaped. Two of the walls were painted light blue whilst the other two were painted white. On the blue wall that was at the front of the house, there was a huge window but it was covered by light grey curtains. On the white wall next to it was three sofas. They were light grey and had white cotton throws over them that were handmade by Jess. In front of them was a small glass table with a pile of coasters on the side. In the middle of the white wall opposite them was a large fireplace made out of a mix of grey and white marble. It wasn't lit as it was still very warm and on the top of the fireplace was two pictures.

One of Jess and Everly when they were little and were making daisy chains for each other in top of the hill. The other one was of Jess and Josh on the day Josh proposed to her. They were stood next to the fountain. Jess was wearing a short sleeved white dress that stopped above her knee. Whereas Josh was wearing a light orange shirt with black shorts. They couldn't of been more than 18 years old. Josh held Jess's hand in his and had brought it to his lips just as the photo had been taken. In the background Everly could been seen smiling widely and had a slight shine of years in her eyes.

Next to the fireplace was a small black rimmed tv which was on and it showed the face of President Snow.

"I'm here okay. You happy now?" She stomped into the room muttering "why do I even have to watch this" and "expect a knife in your tv if he annoys me" after she came in the room Josh followed her with two cups in his hands . Josh was tall and lean, he had short black hair and slightly tanned skin. His eyes were grey with hints of blue and he smiled brightly at Jess.

"Here dear. Just as you like it." He sat down next to her and she leaned on his shoulder as she sipped on the tea he had given her. He handed the other cup to Everly as she smiled softly at the pair.

" I honestly have no idea how you got him to like you. Did you pay him or blackmail him? Cos you sure got lucky. " she jumped into the sofa to the right of them and wrapped the throw round her. President Snow started to talk but Everly turned away from the screen again muttering to herself "Doesn't deserve to be heard. Never listened to us."

She could hear Jess sighing before softly speaking to her "come on E listen.It can't get any worse."

" Fine. " She turned back to the tv glaring fiercely at the man in front of her as he continued speaking.

",Now we honour or third quarter quell on the 75th anniversary. As a reminder to the rebels that even the strongest among them cannot overcome the power of the Capitol. The male and female tributes will be reaped from their existing pool of Victors."

"No"

The shattering of glass could be heard and Everly raced out of the house her cup still in her hand. She smashed the cup onto the ground and looked to the sky with streams of tears slowly falling down her face.

"IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT ?TO TEAR PEOPLE APART WITH WHAT YOU HAVE CREATED? LIVE THESE NEXT FEW DAYS TO THE FULLEST BECAUSE THEY WILL BE YOUR LAST. MARK MY WORDS I WILL AVENGE THOSE WHO YOU HAVE TORN AND PIECE THEM BACK TOGETHER WITH YOUR BLOOD AND THE NEWS OF YOUR DEATH. THE LAST THING YOU'LL REMEMBER WILL BE MY KNIFE CUTTING INTO  YOU AND DRAWING OUT FLESH AND BLOKD FOR EACH PERSON YOU'VE KILLED.  WATCH OHT YOU MONSTER. YOU MURDERER. FOR THE SILENT KILLER IS AFTER  YOU."

A/N
I've changed the last section a bit because I originally did this paragraph as the section but I thought it was too violent. My friends said I should put it in so I decided to. Sorry if you preferred the other version.