Chapter 5

"And then he. . ." 

Huening Kai stopped listening to the teachers' stories about their 'crazy men' stories as he looked at the fruit salad that he had made. Two days had passed since  Taehyun had told him to take care of Soobin. . . But he still couldn't help but feel a small flow of anxiety run through him.  

Was Soobin alright? Was he hurting again? Is he going to get injured?!

Huening Kai felt his chest growing tighter as his heart rate quickened at seeing all of the scenarios that came to his mind. 

"Hey, are you alright Kai? You haven't touched your lunch." Ms. Baek-- the second grade teacher-- told him. 

"Yeah. Is everything alright?" Mrs. Cheong--The teacher that Huening Kai was assigned to help-- joined in, putting her hand on top of his.

"Y-Yes. It's just. . . I haven't been feeling like myself lately." Huening Kai said awkwardly, slowly putting his hand away from Ms. Baek.

"Aww poor baby." Ms. Baek Brushed Huening Kai's hair to the side, which made him extremely uncomfortable.

"Will you two stop doing that? I'm pretty sure the poor man doesn't like to get hit on by his co-workers. . ." Mr. Wang--The P.E teacher-- said, entering the room to get his daily dose of coffee. 

After his comment, the two teachers kept their hands to themselves as they shot him an annoyed look.

Despite the embarrassment and the anxiety he was feeling, Huening Kai smiled gratefully at him. Huening Kai was one of the few males that liked to volunteer at the school, and oh boy he never thought that being a volunteer at Soomin's school would be such a hard task.

He hadn't told anyone that he was dating someone, let alone a singer that worked at the same company that BTS worked at. To everyone in this school, he was just a single young man with a very soft spot for small children and --of course-- Soomin.

Keeping that small secret to himself has led some of the single teachers into believing that they could maybe have a chance with him by flirting. But like the respectful man he was, Huening Kai just smiled and rejected them in the most gentle way possible. 

As he heard the two teachers and the P.E teacher arguing, Huening Kai let out a sigh before putting away his salad back inside his bag. "If you all excuse me, I have to go back to Mrs. Jeon's classroom. I promised to help her with the animal masks that her students are making today. . ." With that, he bowed and left the room with a slight head ache, but he let out a smile as he thought about helping Soomin with her own mask.

~

"How does it look like?" Soomin asked as she held her tiger mask in front of her face. "Grrrr." She scratched at the air as Huening Kai let out a laugh, putting his hand to his cheek. "It's beautiful." As he said those words the dismissing bell rang, telling the students that it was now time to pack up and leave. 

The kids grabbed their backpacks and sat down, waiting to be dismissed by their teacher after she had told them to wait. Huening Kai brought Soomin her backpack as she grabbed her pens and colored pencils, putting them inside her kitten pencil pouch. 

After a few minutes, the kids were finally dismissed. 

Huening Kai walked down the hallway while holding Soomin's hand, who was proudly wearing the mask that she had made. 

But as they exited the school, Huening Kai was encountered by a rather unexpected yet delightful surprise. 

Right in front of the parking lot, was Soobin's car. The 23 year-old was wearing sunglasses and a mouth mask as he leaned against the car clearly trying to look cool and charming as he lowered his glasses. "Did anyone called for a taxi?" He raised his eyebrow at Huening Kai.