Chapter 34

Jung Hyun held Taehyun, hugging and calming the small angeling's sobs.

His eyes were narrowed and stinging, tears begging him to come out, but he wouldn't let them.

How could it end like that. . . It couldn't. This could not be the ending that the timelines had planned for everyone in the courts.

Huening Kai had fought and had given up so much to lose everything just like that! This couldn't be it, he wouldn't admit that this could be the end of Huening Kai's legacy.

As if he had predicted it, a pale pink bubble floated towards him. Jung Hyun stretched his hand out, letting the small bubble show him the event.

Taehyun looked at the bubble, his eyebrows raised as be pointed at the bubble. "H-H-Hyuka! Waterfall!"

Jung Hyun nodded, sending the bubble flying. There was still a way of saving his friend, but they must be quick, there wasn't much time left.

"There's a still a way to save him."

Soobin's head look up, his voice filled with desperation. "What, what is it?"

"Get him to the waterfall." He ordered, already making his way towards the waterfall with Taehyun between his arms.

Soobin gently placed his arm behind Huening Kai's back and bellow his legs before lifting him up. Despite his wings, the angel was as light and fragile as a feather.

He followed every one of Jung Hyun's steps, anxious to save Huening Kai as they stepped bellow the waterfall.

Jung Hyun looked up, he clutched the cloth that Huening Kai had given him. . . The waters of this waterfall had provided the energy that Huening Kai had needed to battle that soul. Ever since that guard angel had come back, it had been his destiny to battle and save the courts from the darkness.

And now. . . It was time for him to replace Huening Kai as the timelines' new guard and let the angel come back to where he truly belonged to.

"Set him down, Choi Soobin." Jung Hyun commanded, his belly filling with nervousness. Would it work? If it did. . . Will he ever be as great as Taehyun or Huening Kai? What if he failed?

But the young angel shook his, clearing his mind as Soobin settled Huening Kai down, his arms still around the angel protectively.

He gulped, watching as fireflies soon flew towards him. Alright. . . I'm ready, do it.

Before he knew it, golden water began to drip down from the waterfall. Splashing him and soaking him with the mystic waters of the timeline.

Taehyun squealed, his body tickling all over as his scratches were healed and the aching in his wings disappeared

He clung to Jung Hyun noticing the the apprentice changed his form. He grew taller and stronger. His black hair shone and his green eyes blazed with strength as he opened his now golden and white wings.

Soobin was too distracted to notice the transformation as his eyes were fixed on Huening Kai.

He watched as his torn wings vanished, the feathers turning into white butterflies that flew all around the waterfall. His star-kissed freckles vanished and the small tint of blue in his hair darkened until the angel's hair was as dark as a raven's wing.

His uniform disappeared and was replaced by a more comfortable ronan robe. But most importantly, the wristbands, the ones that Huening Kai had once taken as his enslavement to the courts, vanished and finally set him free.

And as soon as the rosy color returned to Huening Kai's cheeks, the water of the waterfall vanished, leaving the two angels and the two limbo-spirits alone.