Chapter 33

Soobin gasped, his eyes went wide as he stared at the rumbling clouds that surrounded the courts' ruins.

He was dying to know what was going on, but his concerns for Huening Kai were already taking the best of him.

"Alright Tae, where is he?"

A furious roar was heard in the distance, suddenly Taehyun knew exactly where the angel was.

The small angeling grabbed Soobin's hand. "This way, hurry, hurry!"

~~~

The soul roared, blocking Huening Kai's sword with it's horns as it shifted into the form of a bull.

Huening Kai flew out of the way as the energy from his sword was cancelled out.

The bull neighed with fury, moving its head down before running towards Huening Kai, who met him once again with his sword.

Huening Kai's feet began to slip as the bull pushed him back, sparks of energy going everywhere, making the golden water of the timelines dark and poisonous.

His muscles began to get tired, terror filled his eyes as he finally slipped. The soul took it as an opportunity and rammed him, sending the angel crashing against the cave wall as his sword landed meters and meters away from him.

The soul let out a crackle of victory, getting ready as it scrapped the water with its hooves, ready to ram him again.

"Hey!" A horrifyingly familiar voice shouted. "Leave my boyfriend alone!"

"S-Soobin?!" Huening Kai lifted his head up. What was he doing here?! And why was Taehyun with him?!

The bull's attention drifted towards the two newcomers, its eyes fixating themselves on the one angel he craved.

"Taehyun." At that, the bull lowered its head and ran towards Soobin and Taehyun.

"Oh no." Soobin gasped, his instinct urging him to grab Taehyun and shove him out of the way. The angeling squealed with surprise as he was pushed away into a crack between the rocks.

As soon as he knew that Taehyun was safe, Soobin covered his head with his arms and braced himself for the impact.

Suddenly, something heavy landed on the bull's back, taking it by surprise.

"Who do you think you're attacking, huh?!" Huening Kai grabbed a hold of the bulls horns, drawing its head back and away from Soobin and Taehyun. "Your fight is with me, you coward!"

Soobin looked up, hearing how Taehyun lifted his fists into the air and began to cheer.

"Hyuka,  Hyuka. Go! Go! Go!"

Soobin saw how Huening Kai's eyes set ablaze as his strong arms tensed up when the bull tried to shake the his hands off.

Soobin gulped slightly, he had always thought of Huening Kai as this cute cinnamon roll that wouldn't be able to even hurt a fly. He was quite impressed though, he'd never seen this side of Huening Kai.

The bull roared, kicking the air and shaking its head ferociously.

Huening Kai was going to stay glued to the bulls back until a bolt of energy struck his body. The burning sensation making him scream with pain as his body suddenly became paralyzed.

After the electric shock, the bull easily threw Huening Kai off, turning around and ramming him.

The angel gasped, blood spilling out of his mouth when he felt a sharp horn pierce through his stomach. His eyes widened with shock, everything around him was slow and blurry as he was lifted up like a ragdoll and pressed against the cave's ragged walls.