Chapter 29

Taehyun looked around the angeling meadow, his wings flapping as he looked around. Where had the other angelings gone?

The meadow had been filled with angelings singing and giggling happily, so much that Taehyun had gathered the courage to join them, but as soon as he had arrived, every angeling had flown away to hide away from him.

Taehyun gazed at one of the clouds and saw a group of angelings staring at him before hiding again, clearly not wanting to come near him.

Taehyun let out a sad pout and flopped down onto the soft flowers, curling his fingers around the stems before plucking them out.

He ignored the angelings' whispers about him and concentrated on picking white and pink flowers for Huening Kai. Maybe his friend would make him a flower crown as pretty as the one that hung on his head or the ones that Jung Hyun and Sang Hee made together.

But as he picked at the flowers, a shiver was sent down his spine.

Taehyun raised his head and looked to the side, his eyes widening with curiosity as he saw something floating around the meadow.

It was a black cloud slowly slithering its way towards him.

Taehyun felt a familiar sense of dread as the cloud got closer to him. Out of nowhere, the cloud made a noise.

It was a raspy and broken growl, the type of growl that you'd hear coming from a monster or something.

The cloud then shifted, taking the form of a viper before hissing at him. The viper opened its jaws, black venom shooting out of its teeth as it snarled at him.

Taehyun yelped, flying out of the way just before the negative energy could touch his small and delicate wings.

The viper didn't stop though, it only followed him, determined to destroy him like it once did.

But even though Taehyun was younger and smaller than the other angelings he knew, he didn't hesitate to grab ahold of a large stone and use it to defend himself. He knew less than the other angelings too, but he knew that whatever was trying attack him wasn't good.

As soon as he tossed the rock at the viper, its body exploded in a cloud of black energy. Small negative particles flying into the air.

Taehyun could feel his heart beating with fear, he was so terrified that tears began to finally stream down his cheeks. "H-Hyuka!" He cried, flying away towards the timelines.

~~~

Huening Kai opened his eyes, the flowered bubble flying away from him as his wings twitched when he sensed a certain angeling in distress.

He could hear muffled crying and whimpers coming from outside of his cave. Huening Kai stood up, his wings opening as he became alert.

Taehyun?

Just like he had predicted, the small angeling flew into the cave, tears running down his cheeks as he clutched about eight flowers in his small hand.

The angeling immediately wrapped his arms around Huening Kai's neck. "I'm scared! Very scared!" The angeling whined.

"What, what happened?" Huening Kai held Taehyun close as his protective instincts fired from within him. Not ever Taehyun had cried or trembled as hard as this, whatever he had seen must've seriously spooked him.

"V-V-Viper." Taehyun mumbled, unable to pronounce the word right as he hiccuped. "B-Black, s-scary viper."

Huening Kai furrowed his eyebrows. "Viper?" He'd never seen or heard of a viper slithering in the courts before, specially not in the angeling meadow.