Chapter 35

Taehyun held Huening Kai's hand. His falling feathers were covered in flowers and star glitter, a beautiful flower crown that Huening Kai had made just for him hung on his head as he walked towards Jung Hyun.

"Huening Kai. . ." He looked at his friend. "I'm scared. . ."

"Scared?" Huening Kai raised his brow. "Taehyunie, there's nothing to be scared from."

"But I will never see you again and. . . I'll be alone." He looked up at Huening Kai, his lips quivering.

"Oh Taehyun. . ." Huening Kai reached down, wrapping his arms around Taehyun and holding him up. His heart was breaking, he didn't want Taehyun to go either, he wanted the angeling to always be between his arms. . . But it couldn't be possible, Taehyun's last wish before he got turned into an angeling was to reincarnate and for him to return home with Soobin.

"I want to stay." The angeling whined, clinging to Huening Kai. "I want stay with you and with Soobin. I don't wanna leave. . . I don't wanna be lonely. . ."

"Taehyun, look at me," Huening Kai whispered, lifting his chin. "You won't be lonely," He brushed his hair to the side. "You'll get the chance to be reborn and feel what it's like to be human, you'll have parents that will love you and take of you as well as I did and," He smiled. "There are so many angels who'll look after you, who'll protect you and and comfort you when you need it the most." As Taehyun's eyes began to dry up, Huening Kai kissed his nose and cheeks. "You'll never be alone. Ever."

"You pinky promise?" He pouted, lifting his pinky up.

Hueing Kai chuckled, holding his own pinky up and curling it around Taehyun's. "I promise."

Taehyun's face finally lit up, his smile brighter than the sun's as he hugged Huening Kai.

Huening Kai hugged him back, squeezing his eyes shut as he tried not to cry at how many emotions he felt. This was really going to be the end. . . The true one. . . They would never see each other again. The chances of meeting Taehyun were minimal, but he didn't dare to break it to Taehyun as he finally put him down.

"Go on sweetheart, it's time now."

Taehyun nodded, he straightened his back and puffed out his chest, trying to be brave and not cry again as he made his way towards the tall angel who was going to send him back.

Jung Hyun kneeled down, taking Taehyun's hands in his. His eyes glowed with warmth. "Are you ready, little one?"

Taehyun affirmed confidently. "I'm ready."

Jung Hyun nodded before standing up again, his hand firmly curled around Taehyun's as he spoke loud and clear.

"Today, brothers and sisters. We've been reunited once again to celebrate this angeling's reincarnation." He looked around him, taking a deep breath before going on. "It was a tragedy that our fellow deputy wasn't able to complete his reincarnation. . . But now, after former angel Huening Kai suggested to give him a new chance. I'm nothing but happy to announce that this angeling, Taehyun, is now ready to reincarnate and finally follow his new path back on Earth."

Cheers were heard all around Taehyun, he gazed all over the courts, angels clapping and flapping their wings joyfully.

Taehyun turned his head around, his eyes spotting Soobin standing next to Huening Kai, they were holding hands and their eyes shone with pride, once again reassuring him.

He looked up at Jung Hyun as the guard kneeled again. "How are you feeling?" He asked gently, his soft hands rubbing the angeling's shoulder.

Taehyun hugged his arm, a bit surprised and shy at how soft his voice had become.