Chapter 36

"Are sure it's healthy? It's not gluten-free-" Yeonjun cut off as Bemgyu blew powdered sugar at his face.

"Be quiet Gluten Nerd," Beomgyu said before letting out a squeal when Yeonjun began to poke his side.

Soobin stumbled to the side, almost dropping the ring he was holding. "Guys, stop!"

Beomgyu and Yeonjun froze into place, their eyes blinking innocently at him.

"No horseplaying around my kitchen, you almost made me drop the ring into the toast."

Yeonjun arched his brow. "How about you put it in a cup fill it with orange juice and give it to Kai?" He shrugged as Soobin and Beomgyu looked at him weirdly. "That's what I would do."

"Yeonjun he's gonna choke!" Beomggyu exclaimed, crossing his arms and leaning against the kitchen counter. "Plus, you better not do that when our day comes around."

Yeonjun choked on his own saliva before holding onto Soobin. "You heard that?!" He looked at Beomgyu again, his eyes filling with awe. "You really want that. . . With me?"

Beomgyu cupped his cheeks, his eyes shining. "Of course I do. You're my other half, I can't live the rest of my life without you."

"Oh, Honey Bear. . ."

Soobin immediately looked away, gagging as soon as Beomgyu and Yeonjun shared a kiss.

He sighed and shook his head before flipping the toasts on the pan. Right in front of Huening Kai's french toast.

~~~

Huening Kai stretched, his eyes slowly opening as the sun shone brightly through the curtains of his and Soobin's bedroom.

It had been two months since he left the courts and returned with Soobin.

Two months. . . That was probably how old Taehyun had turned after reincarnating. Ever since the wonderful event, Huening Kai hadn't been able to keep Taehyun out of his mind, he always wondered where he was and if he was being taken care of.

He let out a sigh. Of course, he was being taken care of, why was he worrying so much about this?

But his thoughts broke apart as Soobin entered the room. 

Surprisingly, the 23-year old had dressed up nicely, he had put on a button-up shirt and a nice pair of navy blue dress pants. It was as if he had dressed up for a special occasion or something.

But what really caught Huening Kai's attention was the small tray that Soobin was carrying. On top of the tray was one of those fancy plates that were decorated with flowered patterns. Two french toasts were laying on top of the plate, swirls of honey and sprinkles of white, powdered sugar beautifully painted the pieces of bread.

The sight was beautiful, it really showed how much thought Soobin had put into it.

"Good morning~" The 23-year old sang as Huening Kai sat up, already licking his lips when Soobing settled the tray down.

"Aww, you really made me breakfast? You're so sweet." Huening Kai said, kissing Soobin's cheek as the 23-year old sat down beside him.

"You deserve it. Do you like it?" Soobin smiled hopefully, his dimples showing.

Even though the texture was a bit gooey for his liking, Huening Kai nodded happily, tickling Soobin's chin. "I love it, thank you~" He cut a piece of the toast, slid it against some of the honey that had strayed into the plate and directed his fork towards Soobin. "Want some?"