Chapter 27

"This can't happen, Huening Kai." The guard angel said, horror filled his eyes as he gazed at the brilliant gold bubble.

"He'll be wrecked. Huening Kai, he will wreck him!"

Huening Kai shook his head, his voice even. "They must do it," He gazed at the horrified angel, his eyes were huge pools of worry. "It has to happen, that way they'll know how they truly feel about one another." He insisted, but the guard angel refused to listen.

"At what cost, huh?" His hands curled into fists, his wings opening. "If my son falls again for that man, he'll fall to his doom harder than before! And I swear to the courts that he won't be able to get out alive if that happens."

"But this is another story! Their destinies are different-"

"How would you know?! You're not even a proper destiny guard! What if it all fails?" The angel snapped, his anger towards the one that had broken his child's soul taking the best of him. "What if your Taehyun-wannabe plans fail? You're not Taehyun-"

"I know I'm not Taehyun!" Huening Kai cried. His cry echoed all around the timelines' cave, making the calm water shake for a small bit.

The small angel fell to his knees, golden water splashing his wings slightly. The pressure that had been placed on his shoulders had been too great for him to be able to bear it any longer.

He broke down in front of the guard, tears streaming down his cheek. "I know it's hard Kwan Min!" He said. "It's hard understanding the timelines, it's terrifying to see visions of he future, and it's horrible to know I've basically lost everything I ever loved," He clenched his teeth, the pain of losing Taehyun and Soobin becoming stronger and stronger as tears streamed down into the golden water.

"It's hard to know that the Taehyun that we once knew is dead, turned into an angel that made me give up everything that I had fought so hard for." He coughed for a bit before finding the strength to finally stand up. His legs trembled, but he forced himself to straightened his back and open his wings. "It's hard to not know where Beomgyu's and Yeonjun's destinies will lead to, but we must be strong, Kwan Min."

The angel brushed his tears away, his eyebrows furrowed and his gaze darkened with determination as his voice seemed to be growing deeper. "We must not prevail, we cannot lose the hope that things will turn out fine." He walked forward, remembering the words that his friend had once told him every time he'd start to lose his own hope.

"We must stand tall and have faith." He glared at Kwan Min. "Have faith, Kwan Min."

~~~

Beomgyu was lying on Yeonjun's couch, reading one of the model's magazines as he waited for the older to finish taking a shower.

Beomgyu had wanted to stay and help him like had done the day before, but the older had refused. He had insisted that he was well enough to take a shower and dress up all by himself.

Beomgyu sighed, it was a good choice. Leaving Yeonjun by himself had let Beomgyu check up on Toto as well as remember to try and get his mind in the right place due to what Yeonjun had told him last night.

"I love you Beomgyu-ah. . ."

Yeonjun's confession rang in his ears, awaking and finally freeing the emotions that had been locked away in Beomgyu's heart for so long.

He still loved Yeonjun, there was no doubt, but. . . Why did he feel so terrified about it? Why did he feel so scared when something as beautiful as love made his heart ten times faster when he was Yeonjun?

Why did it hurt so much?

If they were apart from each other, everything would be the color of gray and none of them would be able to escape each other's minds and thoughts, but if they were together, it would still hurt.