Chapter 24

Soobin opened his eyes, sunlight bathing his face as he sat up, soft pink and white flowers brushed against his hands and feet.

The 23-year old looked around, realizing that he was in a place that he hadn't been in for six years.

Huening Kai's meadow.

He stood up, his gaze becoming alert as he turned his head to all sides, looking for Huening Kai.

A call was finally heard.

"Soobin!"

Soobin turned around, his heart leaping with joy as he caught sight of the man that he had been so desperate to see again.

"Huening Kai!"

Soobin ran faster than ever, his arms spreading as he embraced Huening Kai.

Huening Kai hugged him back, tightly wrapping his arms around Soobin.

They held each other tightly, fearful that if one of them dared to let go, the other would disappear.

Soobin cupped Huening Kai's cheeks, covering his face with kisses. The angel giggled happily, softly pressing his index finger against Soobin's lips. "We can't kiss. . . Not on the lips."

"What, why?" Soobin raised his brow in confusion, moving Huening Kai's finger away.

"Haven't you read the first book?" The angel smiled softly. "An angel's kiss is too powerful, I don't know what might happen if I kissed you."

Soobin sighed, holding Huening Kai's hands in his. "What happened?" He gazed at the angel's now golden and white wings. "Why. . . Why did you leave?" A slight flash of hurt shone in his eyes.

The angel widened his eyes, he cupped Soobin's face. "No, no. I'm not leaving and I'm certainly not leaving you, but Taehyun. . ." The angel trailed off, the memories of his best friend's fall to doom coming back to haunt him.

Soobin stared at Huening Kai, his hurt increasing. He had known that the two angels had been close, but not that close. "T-Taehyun. . .?"

"What. . .?" Huening Kai stared at Soobin with confusion, before realizing how bad what he had said must've sounded.

"Nononono. It's not like that, I promise." He sighed, holding Soobin's hands between his. "There's only you. Just you, but something happened to Taehyun and I must stay with the courts. . . Hey, look at me." He said softly, lifting Soobin's chin as the 23-year old lowered his gaze, feeling even more lost than before.

"Soobin, I'm not leaving you. I'll come back. . ." He kissed Soobin's hands before pressing them against his cheek. "I don't know when I'll come back, but please," He met Soobin's eyes, his gaze becoming pleading. "Don't give up on me, you must wait for me, please wait for me." His wings twitched with fear.

The fear of losing Soobin during the time of their separation and the fear of maybe not coming back until it was already too late.

"Please wait for me. . ." His voice grew quiet as his thoughts seemed to swallow him.

What if Soobin decided to cut it off?

What if the 23-year old finds someone else?

Was this really going to be the end of their story?

Even though Soobin felt as fearful as the angel, he nodded softly and pressed his forehead against Huening Kai's. "I'll wait. . . I'll wait for you forever if I have to."