Chapter 32

Huening Kai kneeled down against the water's surface, his muscles ached with exhaustion and his mind was a spiral of ongoing visions. But his visions seemed to stop as a gray bubble flew towards him.

Huening Kai felt a sensation of dread fill his body as he watched the bubble getting closer. This one was the color of gray, way different to the scarlet and blue ones that belonged to Beomgyu and Yeonjun.

But the angel still cupped his hands to receive the bubble's message. And as soon as the bubble touched his skin, it burned him.

Huening Kai winced, letting out a gasp as his vision blackened before coming back.

~

Huening Kai was standing up in the middle of the timelines' lake, but everything about the cave was off.

Everything was dark, the waterfall, the water lilies, and the precious event bubbles were gone. The water bellow him too, was dark and poisonous, slightly burning his bare feet.

Huening Kai looked around before a dark cloud of dust entered the cave, dark energy flowing freely around the sacred walls and tainting water.

The angel widened his eyes as he looked down at where the darkness was going to. Suddenly, something wrapped itself around his ankle and yanked him downwards, the water that he had once stood in swallowed him and blinded him. Huening Kai tried to struggle free, but the creature wrapped itself around his body, trapping him underneath the dark waters.

Images of the future as well as the past filled his mind as he slowly began to fall unconscious.

Taehyun stood over the lake's water, his wings twitched aggressively as the timelines were swallowed by darkness.

"Where are you?!" The timelines' guard called, drawing his word. "Come out and show yourself, you coward!"

As the said the words, a darkness entered the cave, making the guard's face turn pale. The darkness came near him, feeding off of the guard's fear.

Suddenly, something bit his ankle, drawing golden blood that soon turned dark.

The viper slithered around Taehyun, watching intensively as one of the strongest angels in the courts succumbed to its temptation.

Taehyun gave a fight though, he wasn't going to be defeated and be corrupted that easily. . . That's when the viper bit him again, and again. . . And again.

Soon, pain and the sensation of burning ran down Taehyun's body, his energy desperately trying to fight the negative energy that had been inserted in his body multiple times.

"H-H-HUENING KAI!" He roared, tears running down his face as he slowly and painfully lost himself.

The scenery then changed. . .

The courts, they were in ruins.

The once white clouds of fluff where now growling gray clouds, thundering louder than the thunders on Earth.

The screams and groans of dying angels could be hear all around, their energies getting destroyed and swallowed by negative energy that suffocated them.

He then saw an angeling cowering behind a cloud as a feline-kind-of creature killed the angelings that had once sang so happily.

The feline bit them, tearing their small frames apart as if they were just some unwanted ivy in a flowered garden. The angeling that was cowering behind the clouds let out a scream. The soul, the same one that had corrupted Huening Kai's best friend launched itself at the angeling. Feathers flying into the air as well as golden blood.